Where is ESPN's MMA Live?

Fuhrig

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The show doesn't seem to be on television any more. Is it back to web-only? I've not read or heard anything official.

The show seemed to be struggling after Jon Anik left. I thought he was actually terrible on that show, but he's been very good at the UFC both calling fights and hosting. There must have been something about that ESPN hosting style, which they must force on everybody, that didn't click with him.

I'd gladly do away with every MMA news show if it means Franklin McNeil will never again get work.

I'd gladly do away with every MMA news show if it means Franklin McNeil will never again get work.

He's actually quite lucid in person. He's a print guy, and he hasn't adapted well to television so far. I'm not sure why TV producers don't see that.

Yeah it went to shit when Anik went, and so did their good panelists it seemed. All of a sudden Jorge Riveria was a regular, no more Kenflo/Rashad/Chael etc.

Yeah it went to shit when Anik went, and so did their good panelists it seemed. All of a sudden Jorge Riveria was a regular, no more Kenflo/Rashad/Chael etc.

Jorge seems like a nice guy, but he's a pretty weak analyst. But he's in driving distance to Connecticut, which seems to be the more important criterion.

It was good to watch every once in a while, but lost what little it had when Anik left. It was already bad enough that they aired episodes at 2am and sometimes skipped showings entirely. Oh well, at least we have Inside MMA on Axis/HDNet.

Ratings were just not good.

hard to get good ratings when the network doesnt give a shit about you.

One week its 12am, the next its 2am the next 2:30am, the next it gets pushed back 20 minutes before of a show before it.

They never gave a shit about the show and once Anik left they really stopped caring.

That had that WWE guy, that Max dude, no more Kenny or Rashad instead its all Jorge, Franklin and Chuck.

I'd record it and watch it and if they still aired it I woudl still watch but the show went downhill once Anik and Florian left.

CHAEL.jpg
evans-and-florian-300x225.jpeg

Still the show was better than MMA Uncensored garbage on spike.

Now that two of their biggest competitors at Viacom and News Corp are promoting mma it is no surprise that they would reduce or eliminate coverage.

I've actually grown to respect him as a journalist, and have agreed on some of his recent points. He thoroughly enjoys the sport, and I appreciate what he does, even though I wasn't too fond of him initially.

I honestly enjoyed MMA Live, and their production was rather good (see the full episode post 148), so it was unfortunate to see them drop the show. As soon as it wasn't in my DVR schedule, I knew something was up.

Its hard to care about a show that may or may not be on at 2am and get delayed by 20 mins. Plus Anik left

Back