Where is Cung Le?

goodie2sandles

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Was just going back on Rich Franklin's record and remembered the last fight was with Cung Le.
It's been awhile since we've heard anything from or about that guy.

Anyone know if there is any news on the guy?

"Cung Le is a Vietnamese-born American actor, retired mixed martial artist and Sanshou kickboxer. He competed as a middleweight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, holding a record of 2–2 with the organization".

There's your answer from a front page google search. End thread here.

He's at the UFC Performance Institute, staying natty.

DVIwA5hW4AE3cA1.jpg

Wasn't he suing the UFC?

Prime Cung destroying Frank Shamrock is one of my fave MMA fights though.

Retired after the Bisping fight, good fighter but he's doing well in movies and it's a fair bet they pay better than the ufc.

He's 45 years old and does some acting as an action scene dude

He didn't start MMA until his mid-30s. He's another one of those "what if he started 10 years earlier?" fighters. He actually helped train Frank Shamrock in striking before the Shamrock-Tito fight (around 1998 or so) and had a wrestling background, along with San Shou.

Retired after the Bisping fight, good fighter but he's doing well in movies and it's a fair bet they pay better than the ufc.
he was getting paid quite well in the ufc actually

was the highest paid fighter on 139

more than Shogun/Hendo/Wanderlei

Retired after the UFC messed up and said he failed a test

I for one was SHOCKED when a guy in his 40s who looked like this stopped competing at pretty much the exact same time as the UFC Anti-Doping Program was launched. Surely just a coincidence.

cung-le-jacked-photo.jpg

Wasn't he suing the UFC?

Prime Cung destroying Frank Shamrock is one of my fave MMA fights though.

Prime Frank Shamrock? LMAO give me a break

Prime Frank Shamrock was during his 1999-2000 UFC Title Run

not 8 years later here to collect a pay check off my name value 8 years after retiring 1 year prior to being dominated by Nick Diaz and re retirement Frank Shamrock

not 8 years later here to collect a pay check off my name value 8 years after retiring 1 year prior to being dominated by Nick Diaz and re retirement Frank Shamrock

Omg Prime Shamrock wtf no wasnt his prime his prime was before cung le prime wtf casual

I for one was SHOCKED when a guy in his 40s who looked like this stopped competing at pretty much the exact same time as the UFC Anti-Doping Program was launched. Surely just a coincidence.

cung-le-jacked-photo.jpg
You must not have read about what went on with his "failed" test. He got screwed and retired shortly after.

But he never said anything about prime Frank Shamrock. He said prime Cung Le.

"Prime Cung destroying Frank Shamrock is one of my fave MMA fights though."

Back