Where is Arona?

davejitsu

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I haven't heard any news on this guy in forever. He is one of my favorite grapplers, since my style is similar and he is definately one of my top 5 MMA guys. Anyone have the 411?

I've only heard he's been doing a decent amount of surfing in different areas and I can't remember who's interview I read, one of the BTT guys, that said he's kept up with his training and I remember hearing he's training in Niteroi currently, not 100% sure though. I also remember hearing he's just browsing various MMA promotions offers and deciding on the right one, maybe I'll try to find the interview I read.

He was trying to hook up with World Victory Road, but apparently he never finalized that contract...

I remember him saying he wanted to fight in the UFC. He was saying how it was "taylor made" for him with the elbows and all.

And the heavy emphases on lay and prey fighters.

lol at the juice and lay and pray comments, sounds like he is taylor made for the ufc!

Arona still looks the same. At least PART of it has to just be genetics/working out. You can't juice that hard nonstop.

I know from good source that he did juice up, but I don't think that's why he hasn't shown up. He probably asks for a good sum of money to compete, and he is not that entertaining to watch, so not many people are willing to pay for him.

Guys... this is a huge pet peeve of mine. Here goes:

Tailormade: 1) Custommade. Made to order. 2) Fashioned to a particular taste, purpose, demand, etc.

Taylormade: An awesome golf company owned by the Adidas group that is based out of Carlsbad, California.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back