Where is Anthony Smith and why didnt he get the Corey fight

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He was trying to get a fight with Corey Anderson...that would have been a better top contender fight than Jan, who only beats MWs

Jan could have fought Volkan instead to give him a true LHW test

He was trying to get a fight with Corey Anderson...that would have been a better top contender fight than Jan, who only beats MWs

Jan could have fought Volkan instead to give him a true LHW test

Maybe he'll welcome Jiri-san to the UFC...

Pretty sure he will get random matchups for a while. He really shat the bed against Jones and won't get a rematch ever.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/8/...-2020-following-second-surgery-on-broken-hand

With four more months of recovery time required after this second surgery, Smith is now plotting an early 2020 return to action as he continues to pursue another shot at the light heavyweight title.

“Four months until I can punch again,” Smith said. “We’re looking at January, February, we’ll get the machine fired back up again.”​

Doesn't want the work after JJ money.

Can you imagine Corey Titties Anderson headlining a PPV? {<jordan}

Pretty sure he will get random matchups for a while. He really shat the bed against Jones and won't get a rematch ever.

So did Cejudo in his first fight against MM, then we all know what happened in the rematch

Smith dominated Gus better than Jones did

With another big win, Smith is a top contender

He sure has been spending time on the Sirius/XM Fightnation MMA shows while in his recovery mode. I wish he and Corey would fight. Corey I know feels he could get the fight with Jones this year. The UFC is going to try and avoid that every way possible. I think Anthony Smith could give him an L push him down the rankings.

He is on a mission, that is where he is.

It’s bullshit. He had his title shot and curled up in a ball while Jones clobbered him for 5 rounds. Step aside and let another journeyman get his title shot. Why’s he trying to take Coreys shine? No one get in Anthony’s way when he made his title run.

he needs to be impressive if he hopes for another chance

So did Cejudo in his first fight against MM, then we all know what happened in the rematch

Smith dominated Gus better than Jones did

With another big win, Smith is a top contender

Speaking of Cejudo....when the hell is this guy fighting again? he hasn't fought in quite awhile now...he should be stripped of the 135lb belt or do an interim title fight....this guy is just sitting on his belt....

I think he's gone suit shopping.

He's probably somewhere patting himself on the back for going 5 rounds with Jones.

Maybe he'll welcome Jiri-san to the UFC...
Sounds like a recipe for disaster. I hope not. Jiri-sama should fight someone who's been active, not smith. He needs a tune up imo. Yes he's I know he beat Gus. But guhdam, a dangerous prospect can't be your first fight back.

Back