Where is a good place in Brooklyn to train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu?

If I remember correctly one of Renzo's black belts opened up a school in Brooklyn a year or two ago. Only downside I heard to that place was that they preach like religion or being a certain type of character along with the training. Might be annoying to some people but it's the only thing I ever heard mentioned about the place.

Seems like CapRising mentioned the preaching aspect. I guess the school I was talking about was a B-BJJ school. Sounds pretty annoying to me but I guess it can help younger kids.

I am so thankful I found this place. Prof. Pete earned his from Renzo. He is very respectful, and the students there are also badass. No contracts, no pressure, you can pay monthly and it's under $150. The belt promotions are at Renzo's midtown location in manhattan.

http://renzograciebrooklyn.com/index.htm

879lexus, I think I am getting RenzoBklyn confused with B-BJJ. I have no experience with either I am just going by what I heard in the locker room.

Does RenzoBklyn also preach to the students about proper conduct etc, or is that just Brooklyn-BJJ?

no not at all. no preaching. within 1 minute of class starting you're running around the dojo warming up. Very cohesive and friendly environment. We get invited to renzo's belt promotions and our guys get's promoted there also. Professor Pete is also the manager of the Renzo Gracie Academy World Headquaters in NYC. The other schools in brooklyn pressure you for credit card info, contracts etc. Professor pete gives you a gi to start the class and you can pay monthly. Everyone is very helpful and there is another blackbelt who trains with Renzo (hector) that teaches also. Come check it out and get the free class.

Sounds great man. I train elsewhere, but I have a buddy that lives right around the corner from your school. I have been trying to get him into BJJ for a while, and he wants to train with me in Manhattan, but I think your school being so close to him will be a better choice.

I joined Renzo in manhattan about 5 years ago and the subway ride was about an hour. I got so tired of the subway ride every day, so I quit.

But now I take 5 minute walk to class and I get my ass kicked and then I go home. Some of Renzo's other 'affiliate' school in brooklyn pressure you. But they are 'affiliates' . Renzo branded this school with his name. renzograciebrooklyn.com

My buddy lives on St. John's right off Washington, so he can literally skip into the school. I think it'll be a great fit for him and I'll recommend it as soon as I talk to him.

with the renzo school...it says 140 a month..6 classes a week...ya look at the schedule and its only open 4 days a week...misleading

with the renzo school...it says 140 a month..6 classes a week...ya look at the schedule and its only open 4 days a week...misleading

There are 6 classes. 2 on Wed & Fri. 1 on Tues & Sat. My buddy won't be training everyday anyway so I think it will work out for him.

They're open 4 days, but 2 of the days, they have a Beginers AND advanced class. So for a total of six classes a week. I try to make it at least 4 times a week. Alot of guys do the double classes on Wednesday & Friday, but I am not at that point yet.

Back