Where In The World Is Chris Holdsworth?

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Won TUF 18, had a fight 6 month later where he dominated Chico Camus to 30-26's forcing his drop to 125, then nothing, haven't heard from him since, his last fight was in May. You would think the UFC would want to get the ball rolling on him, no? He's a TUF winner, undefeated with all finishes by sub, except for one.

By the looks of his instagram and twitter, he isn't injured. He posts pictures weekly of himself training in Colorado with Duane Ludwig as well as in Sacramento with Team Alpha Male, it puzzles me that we've heard no news of a fight lined up for this kid. He was incredibly impressive on TUF and looks like he could really make splashes in the division, but he never fights.

Anyone have any news on Chris Holdsworth and why he isn't fighting more than once a year if that?

Bummer he hasn't been able to capitalize on TUF, hope he gets back at it soon.
Hope he doesn't end up like TJ, concussions are no joke.

on a side note, what happened to Davey Grant, the guy he beat on the TUF finale?

Last edited:
On a Island with Mick Swick and TJ Grant.

Seriously he have some head concussion, says he feel better but not 100 %.
Maybe a fight in late 2015.

If Faber ends up fighting Assuncao on March 21 in Rio as heavily rumored, TAM will almost certainly try to get another fighter on that card as well. Holdsworth vs. someone like Leandro Issa would be very nice. I would expect Holdsworth, Fili and perhaps Garbrandt or Castillo to be on the Rio or Fairfax FN events. Not sure where Benavidez goes from here or the route the UFC sees for him.

Man, that's terrible. Concussions are no joke. I hope he doesn't end up like TJ Grant, and end up calling it quits.

If Faber ends up fighting Assuncao on March 21 in Rio as heavily rumored, TAM will almost certainly try to get another fighter on that card as well. Holdsworth vs. someone like Leandro Issa would be very nice. I would expect Holdsworth, Fili and perhaps Garbrandt or Castillo to be on the Rio or Fairfax FN events. Not sure where Benavidez goes from here or the route the UFC sees for him.

Yeah, TAM usually does like to do that. Have multiple guys on the same card so they can have 2 or 3 guys in camp peaking together all at the same time. I like the idea. Hopefully it works out that way.

TUF 18 was low on talents and cursed. The two runner-ups vanished into complete obscurity and the two winners are badly hurt.

Heard the name in passing but couldn't pick him out of a lineup. Haven't paid much attention to TUF in the past 4-5 years.

For that matter. Where the fuck is Mike Pierce?

Didn't Pierce get injured badly in the last Palhares fight in the UFC...ever? He held on too long again and Pierce hasn't been heard from since.

method=get&s=rousimar-palhares.gif

That season had some talent that has been overlooked. Davey Grant, Michael Wooten, Josh Hill, are all better than the Irish hype job Hollohan and that very unimpressive opponent of his Sunday night.

Anyone have any news on Chris Holdsworth and why he isn't fighting more than once a year if that?

He is currently on Asgaard with Tom Hiddlestone awaiting the release of Avengers: Age of Ultron.....:icon_twis

Man he has been off awhile now.

Yeah, just looked it up. Original injury suspension was 6 months, but it's been over 15 months since he fought.
Sucks, Pierce always brought it. I still remember being disappointed he didn't get the nod in the Koscheck fight.

That season had some talent that has been overlooked. Davey Grant, Michael Wooten, Josh Hill, are all better than the Irish hype job Hollohan and that very unimpressive opponent of his Sunday night.

Holohan was actually on that season but lost the entry round to Josh Hill. So you would be right in your statement...

EDIT: though I must say, I'm a Holohan fan & he really only got out wrestled & laid on against Hill.

Last edited:
Didn't Pierce get injured badly in the last Palhares fight in the UFC...ever? He held on too long again and Pierce hasn't been heard from since.

method=get&s=rousimar-palhares.gif

Yeah, just looked it up. Original injury suspension was 6 months, but it's been over 15 months since he fought.
Sucks, Pierce always brought it. I still remember being disappointed he didn't get the nod in the Koscheck fight.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/16/...e-mcl-sprain-no-surgery-rousimar-palhares-mma
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/8...fight-with-demian-maia-at-tuf-brazil-3-finale
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/10/after-...erce-ready-for-ufc-return-as-soon-as-possible

Pierce did suffer a torn ankle ligament and sprained MCL during the fight with Palhares, but recovered pretty quickly. Was only out for a month or six weeks because of that. He was supposed to fight Demian Maia last May in Brazil, but broke his hand a couple of weeks before the fight and was replaced. When last interviewed at the end of October, he hoped to return early this year. Have not seen anything from him recently.

that's that polish dude that slipped on the bud light logo, Tomasz Drwal

Back