..where has Brian Pillman Jr been....?

PhilLeotardo

Shah Of Iran
@Orange
Reaction score
Is he injured or something? Rarely have I ever seen a prospect get such a massive shove, what with the MJF angle, Moxley putting him over in Cinci, etc, and then just disappear from television. He & Cage are the lone reasons I would ever tune into aew (I liked Omega in his prime, but he just isn't the same anymore).

Cage? Like as in Christian? That’s why you tune in?

Pilly Jr was so good in MLW as a heel, I expected so much more from him in AEW but all we got was an early 90's WCW Saturday Night style white meat babyface that got jobbed out week after week after week
Just more roof that Daddys Boy has no fucking idea what hes doing

200w.webp

Pilly Jr was so good in MLW as a heel, I expected so much more from him in AEW but all we got was an early 90's WCW Saturday Night style white meat babyface that got jobbed out week after week after week
Just more roof that Daddys Boy has no fucking idea what hes doing

200w.webp

He was a solid heel in MLW, but it was clear that he was going to hit a wall if he continued on down that route. He can't talk, might not ever be able to talk, and it's impossible to evolve as a heel if you're unable to do that. Pillman Sr was arguably the single greatest pro rasslin prospect of all-time, and undoubtedly one of the best on the stick of all-time, so people have unrealistic expectations for a trust fund kid that doesn't really have a shred of his dad's edge/volatility/explosiveness.

I think the baby face role is suited to him right now, and is the only way he will make it to the top. He's handsome, charming, and has good natural energy. He doesn't have the total package (body, looks, talk, athleticism, IQ, etc) like his dad did, but he's still a very interesting prospect

I was just curious as to why he was taken off TV, or where he's been. If I'm correct, he hasn't been on television since the MJF thing

i recall recently that pillman jr was having some personal issues. he was on twitter saying some suicidal shit

He was a solid heel in MLW, but it was clear that he was going to hit a wall if he continued on down that route. He can't talk, might not ever be able to talk, and it's impossible to evolve as a heel if you're unable to do that. Pillman Sr was arguably the single greatest pro rasslin prospect of all-time, and undoubtedly one of the best on the stick of all-time, so people have unrealistic expectations for a trust fund kid that doesn't really have a shred of his dad's edge/volatility/explosiveness.

I think the baby face role is suited to him right now, and is the only way he will make it to the top. He's handsome, charming, and has good natural energy. He doesn't have the total package (body, looks, talk, athleticism, IQ, etc) like his dad did, but he's still a very interesting prospect

I was just curious as to why he was taken off TV, or where he's been. If I'm correct, he hasn't been on television since the MJF thing

I disagree with just about every single thing you said in this post

He hasn't gone anywhere. He wrestles on AEW's Youtube shows Dark and Dark: Elevation regularly.

He was heavily featured on the Dynamite in Cincinnati just because it's his hometown and his family was there so it was a perfect opportunity for MJF to get heat and it worked. I didn't think it was going to be a legitimate, long term push, and it clearly wasn't.

He was heavily featured on the Dynamite in Cincinnati just because it's his hometown and his family was there so it was a perfect opportunity for MJF to get heat and it worked. I didn't think it was going to be a legitimate, long term push, and it clearly wasn't.

still though, it's odd that he was just taken off television immediately afterwards. something must've happened, and someone up top said that he had been dealing with mental health stuff, so that's probably it

still though, it's odd that he was just taken off television immediately afterwards. something must've happened, and someone up top said that he had been dealing with mental health stuff, so that's probably it

He's featured on every single episode of Dark and Dark: Elevation. He's like most of their other young talent, he's getting seasoning on their Youtube shows and gets featured on the big show on TNT every once in awhile. Nothing "happened". They're doing this with all of their young talent who have upside. Varsity Blondes, The Acclaimed, the Gunn Club, Daniel Garcia, Lee Moriarty, Wheeler Yuta etc. All of them are heavily featured on the Youtube shows and get brought up every once in awhile to get some experience on Dynamite and Rampage.

....wut..? are you responding to the wrong comment...? or...?

I know how to internet and I also know that Brian Pillman was never the "hottest pro rasslin prospect of all time"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back