Where does Wilder rank among all time great HWs?

But like I said, an argument could be made that Douglas got up in accordance to the referees counting, and that he should not be punished following an either incompetent or partisan referee.
I can see that...so, shoulda been ruled a NC, imo...but you know, given the boxing politics and all that was going on with tyson back then, they would never have made that call.

I don't believe a 38 year old Ortiz would take as much as a round against peak Mike Tyson, let alone be seconds away from finishing him. I base that off the fact that several of Tysons better opponents (than Ortiz) were without any won rounds, including going the distance (Bonecrusher Smith lost all 12 rounds!!!). But Wilder believes he would kick peak Tysons ass.

Interesting..
well, i don't know what makes you think ortiz wouldn't win a round against tyson. i think you're wrong, bumaybe it's just how you feel...nothing anybody can do about other people's feelings.

and i'm not even talking about tyson vs wilder...i rank tyson #1 at hw, over ali, lewis AND wilder...i also think tyson beats wilder.

Foreman is significantly bigger. He fought at weights up to 250+. Wilder is taller and that is important but I was specifically commenting on punching power where weight is the type of size that matters more. Both guys have fought at a range of weights of course, so to be honest you're right that some versions of wilder were heavier than some versions of foreman. But again I'm responding to the very specific question of who could hit harder, and foreman on average fight at about 15lbs heavier than wilder.
see what i'm talking about here?...i want everybody to see this...now, if i said wilder would KO foreman because foreman LOST to tommy morrison and axel schultz and shannon briggs (though he got the decision in the schulz fight) this dude would say "we're talking PRIME foreman who destroyed frazier and norton"...well THAT's who I'm talking about! nobody considers the 40 something version of foreman who fought moorer and holyfield to be a great hw. but PRIME george, on the night he fought ali, was 6-3 and 220. wilder is 6-7...he was 228 for szpilka and 226 for arreola. so how could you say foreman was "significantly bigger?"...

Last edited:
see what i'm talking about here?...i want everybody to see this...now, if i said wilder would KO foreman because foreman LOST to tommy morrison and axel schultz and shannon briggs (though he got the decision in the schulz fight) this dude would say "we're talking PRIME foreman who destroyed frazier and norton"...well THAT's who I'm talking about! nobody considers the 40 something version of foreman who fought moorer and holyfield to be a great hw. but PRIME george, on the night he fought ali, was 6-3 and 220. wilder is 6-7...he was 228 for szpilka and 226 for arreola. so how could you say foreman was "significantly bigger?"...
Have you suffered a serious brain injury or are you unaware that the more you post the more you reveal you don’t know what you’re talking about and sling insults at people who do. You think the timekeeper counts to ten on a knockdown? You’re unbelievable.

Have you suffered a serious brain injury or are you unaware that the more you post the more you reveal you don’t know what you’re talking about and sling insults at people who do. You think the timekeeper counts to ten on a knockdown? You’re unbelievable.
it's posts like yours that makes me concerned for the future of us men....you got one dude who's all bitchmade and intimidated about dudes making him the "joke" of sherdog, a freakin online message board... then you got guys like yourself and aries who lash out with emotionally irrational nonsense like a butthurt female... clearly you guys weren't raised around a lotta male role models.

it's posts like yours that makes me concerned for the future of us men....you got one dude who's all bitchmade and intimidated about dudes making him the "joke" of sherdog, a freakin online message board... then you got guys like yourself and aries who lash out with emotionally irrational nonsense like a butthurt female... clearly you guys weren't raised around a lotta male role models.
Again your either taking serious drugs or you have mental problems. You’re response to me and Aries is to threaten us with fisticuffs? Grow the fuck up. I don’t want me or him to have homicide on our records.

Your random argument has moved to saying because deontay wilder is bigger than George foreman and he beat szpilka who’s basically a football hooligan and nipples who is basically an advertisement for why not to eat fast food during training camp, that he gets to 5 on an all time list is fucking ridiculous. I don’t give a shit about your opinion and you can wipe your arse with mine, I am too far through life to entertain opinions of uneducated morons.

Given you’re the only person trying to defend your position and everyone else is calling you a dickhead, maybe rethink your opinion.

well, i don't know what makes you think ortiz wouldn't win a round against tyson. i think you're wrong, bumaybe it's just how you feel...nothing anybody can do about other people's feelings.

and i'm not even talking about tyson vs wilder...i rank tyson #1 at hw, over ali, lewis AND wilder...i also think tyson beats wilder.

No one beats wilder! Everyone would succumb to the deadly right hand. Boxing skills and movement/footwork don’t count for shit when you’re that long and fast

And why isn’t Ortiz at least top 5??

that's the OTHER thing about this fight...how come there was no protest when tyson got the comparatively SHORT count?

I'm saying, there's REASONS for all this...if you were around back then it wasn't hard to figure them out.

same thing with tyson getting 4 years in jail for rape when the girl obviously lied, but the kennedy guy got NO jail time for a rape case going on at the same time as tysons, except kennedy's was actually proven to be rape....i'm not a conspiracy theorist, but there's reasons.
Mmm, no, I think this proves you are literally a conspiracy theorist. :p

Comeback Foreman was a much better ring general. He wasn't in his physical prime anymore but he could have arguably beaten the younger, more reckless, version of himself.

Comeback Foreman was a much better ring general. He wasn't in his physical prime anymore but he could have arguably beaten the younger, more reckless, version of himself.
surely, you're not serious.

Again your either taking serious drugs or you have mental problems. You’re response to me and Aries is to threaten us with fisticuffs? Grow the fuck up. I don’t want me or him to have homicide on our records.

Your random argument has moved to saying because deontay wilder is bigger than George foreman and he beat szpilka who’s basically a football hooligan and nipples who is basically an advertisement for why not to eat fast food during training camp, that he gets to 5 on an all time list is fucking ridiculous. I don’t give a shit about your opinion and you can wipe your arse with mine, I am too far through life to entertain opinions of uneducated morons.

Given you’re the only person trying to defend your position and everyone else is calling you a dickhead, maybe rethink your opinion.
you're a hysterical clown making threats on a message board...does that sound like normal behavior to you? my advice is for YOU to get off the drugs, you in-cel loser...clearly you're hallucinating that anybody would even bother with your over-emotional, effeminate, sissy ass.

you're a hysterical clown making threats on a message board...does that sound like normal behavior to you? my advice is for YOU to get off the drugs, you in-cel loser...clearly you're hallucinating that anybody would even bother with your over-emotional, effeminate, sissy ass.
I don’t know what an in-cel loser is. I don’t take drugs. You threatened to kick the shit out of me and Aries and think it was us making threats? Over emotional effeminate sissy ass? Are you hearing yourself? You sound like you’re on an episode of the real housewives of Beverly Hills.

What I do know is you’re a shit troll, you think you’re being funny when you’re about as funny as finding out the toilet paper is finished during the middle of a shit, and your boxing knowledge makes skip bayless look like a genius. I could do with saving money on getting a guy out to clean my upstairs windows so if you want to come round and lick them, it would help.

Yea but 6 ft 7 Deontay..?

How is Tyson going to get on the inside with a guy with that reach..

ff sake, I told you why in the following sentence. TYSON aced far superior boxers than Ortiz, yet Wilder struggles against a 38 year old man but beats Foreman and Liston? Please don't think either one of those guys were weak just because Ali made them look dumb. Ali is a different animal all together.

Yea but 6 ft 7 Deontay..?

How is Tyson going to get on the inside with a guy with that reach..
One of the many things that made young, peak tyson great was his ability to close distance very fast. Tyson had fast feet and fast hands and that peek-a-boo style that allowed him to slip, duck and avoid punches from guys who were longer and taller than him...as he got older, his defense deteriorated, but watch tyson against tony tucker and pinklon thomas and tyrell biggs...tall guys with a long reach who couldn't hold him off...not saying it would be easy for tyson, because wilder also packs freakish power...but once he got into close quarters, tyson's ferocity was enough to rip some of the biggest, strongest guys of his era to shreds

ff sake, I told you why in the following sentence. TYSON aced far superior boxers than Ortiz, yet Wilder struggles against a 38 year old man but beats Foreman and Liston? Please don't think either one of those guys were weak just because Ali made them look dumb. Ali is a different animal all together.
who were the far superior guys tyson aced? i mean guys superior to ortiz...

where did i ever say foreman and liston were weak?...i KNOW damn well they were strong. but just watch foreman-lyle. you can be strong as hell and there's gonna be another guy who's bigger and stronger than you.

I don’t know what an in-cel loser is. I don’t take drugs. You threatened to kick the shit out of me and Aries and think it was us making threats? Over emotional effeminate sissy ass? Are you hearing yourself? You sound like you’re on an episode of the real housewives of Beverly Hills.

What I do know is you’re a shit troll, you think you’re being funny when you’re about as funny as finding out the toilet paper is finished during the middle of a shit, and your boxing knowledge makes skip bayless look like a genius. I could do with saving money on getting a guy out to clean my upstairs windows so if you want to come round and lick them, it would help.
show me where i threatened to kick the shit outta you and aries...maybe it's just your imagination because you know it's what you deserve, lol.

who were the far superior guys tyson aced? i mean guys superior to ortiz...

where did i ever say foreman and liston were weak?...i KNOW damn well they were strong. but just watch foreman-lyle. you can be strong as hell and there's gonna be another guy who's bigger and stronger than you.

Trevor Berbick went 2 rounds. Lost both. Larry Holmes 4 rounds. Lost the all 4.

Just dropping in to say if TS list is based less on resume and more on eye test, I agree with PRIME iron Mike being the scariest and best HWT of all time. Nothing ever was like that young man, he would have walked through anyone at the weight. Shame he was young and dumb and blown up as such a huge superstar.

Back