Where does Wilder rank among all time great HWs?

TownBiz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Usually we wait until after a fighter's career is over to rank him all-time, but these days we have more information than in days gone by about fighters, so we're in a position to make a reasonable estimate about how a modern fighter would have done against the old-school. Given the fact that AJ and povetkin have unofficially seceded the #1 spot to wilder, this is how i rank deontay among HW atg.

1- Tyson
2- Ali
3- Lewis
4- Holmes
5- WILDER
6- Foreman
7- Louis
8- Frazier
9- Liston
10- Johnson

Also, bear in mind wilder's ranking can/will go up or down depending on what happens over the course of his career.

Last edited:
xgPJ37j.jpg

This is a work of art.

Where does TS rank on the All Time Troll list?

does anybody really believe foreman, louis, frazier or johnson would beat wilder?...c'mon. i know boxing is steeped in history and tradition. but let's move forward instead of staying in the past. lebron is recognized as an atg, probably better than jordan...because he is. that's because basketball analysts and fans look at the data in an objective way and come to objective conclusions. we should be able to do the same in boxing...of course johnson, louis, etc will always have more historical significance than wilder...but that has nothing to do with how well they would do against him head to head.

OK...do you care to explain that comment?

why do you keep referring to me as a troll?

That's what happens when your posting gets too relevant and insightful.

That's what happens when your posting gets too relevant and insightful.
its what happens when you give small-minded people a little iota of power...thinks the boxing forum in this lil corner of the internet is his personal dictatorship.

its what happens when you give small-minded people a little iota of power...thinks the boxing forum in this lil corner of the internet is his personal dictatorship.

Furthermore, he's definitely the only regular in here who does think you're a troll.

Furthermore, he's definitely the only regular in here who does think you're a troll.
but is ok if people think i'm a toll...all i'm saying is show me HOW i'm a troll. The word troll has a certain meaning. if you can show me how it applies to me, then i take your point. if it's just that you disagree with my opinions, then it's not that i'm a troll, it's that we just don't see eye to eye...and that's gonna happen in all aspects of life. of course, if you have the power to remove everyone who disagrees with you i guess that might give more comfort....but if you want comfort, go be the moderator of another forum where people don't disagree...but to moderate a boxing forum and expect nobody to disagree wth you is just fuckin asinine.

look, we had some clown make a post tryna compare lennox lews with wlad klitschko who got ko'd numerous times by guys like purrity, sanders, brewster, AJ, and got dropped and nearly ko'd by davarryl williamson and sam peter and NEVER beat a great fighter..to me anybody who compares or tries to equate wlad with lewis, that's a troll, but they let it slide.

but i post that wilder who has never lost or been dropped, and who has ko'd everybody he ever fought belongs among the top 10 hw all time and I'M a troll? wtf!...

look, just come clean...why don't folks just come right out and state their biases? I stated my biases...i said i don't think wlad kltchko was a great fighter and nothing could convince me otherwise...i stated that danny jacobs beat ggg and nothing could convince me otherwise...so, y'all know my biases. but don't HIDE your biases behind calling me a troll...just have the balls like i did to come right out and say it.

Last edited:
This list certainly isn't by resume right? Because that would be ridiculous.

And yeah. Don't really agree with it tbh.

although I guess most of the names are there

This list certainly isn't by resume right? Because that would be ridiculous.

And yeah. Don't really agree with it tbh.

although I guess most of the names are there
ok, let's say for arguments sake it IS by resume...tell me why louis or johnson or liston would rank above wilder...BASED ON RESUME ONLY

ok, let's say for arguments sake it IS by resume...tell me why louis or johnson or liston would rank above wilder...BASED ON RESUME ONLY
If this doesn’t constitute a prime example of a troll job I don’t know what dose.

Out of curiosity would you rank Marciano, TS? There are a few good names missing off your list, I ask about Rocky since he’s one of the most well known.

Personally I think Louis is too low and had better wins than several fighters above him, and it’s way too early to even think about ranking Wilder anywhere in the top 50. But I’m not smart like lots of the posters here so you can take that with more than a grain of salt if you wish.

I know very little about boxing and still lol at that list

If this doesn’t constitute an example of a troll job I don’t know what dose.
lmao!...jumping on the troll bandwagon, huh? hoping the mod will do dirt for you...yeah the hate for wilder is real..

dude, let me educate you on boxing....louis had something called the bum of the month club. he beat guys who weren't any different than the guys wilder keeps blowing out (harry thomas, bob pastor, tony galento). billy conn was louis biggest threat and he was a lhw. jersey joe walcott was actually OLDER than louis when they fought....dropped louis twice en route to losing a controversial decision in the first fight....louis ko'd walcott in the rematch, but then walcott himself is not considered an atg.

liston beat eddie machen and cleveland williams....good fighters. but his biggest win was floyd patterson. yes, the same patterson who got ko'd by and kept getting dropped by johansson ...and got dropped by an amateur named rademacher in rademachers FIRST pro fight...and this is when patterson was the hw champ...figthing an amateur (radamacher) in radamacher's FIRST pro fight....imagine if wilder got dropped by an amateur and nearly ko'd by an amateur fighter in that amateur's pro-debut...what would people say? but i digress...we're talking about liston, and i don't feel his resume is stronger than wilders.

Jack johnson's biggest wins were against jim jeffries (an inactive former hw champ) and a mw named stanley ketchel... not to say that johnson wouldn't have ko'd an active jeffries, but we're talking resume here....

i give wilder the nod over all three of them resume wise....

Last edited:
Out of curiosity would you rank Marciano, TS? There are a few good names missing off your list, I ask about Rocky since he’s one of the most well known.

Personally I think Louis is too low and had better wins than several fighters above him, and it’s way too early to even think about ranking Wilder anywhere in the top 50. But I’m not smart like lots of the posters here so you can take that with more than a grain of salt if you wish.
marciano doesn't rank high imo...to me, marciano ranks above wlad only because wlad's era was the absolute lowpoint in hw boxing history. but look at the marciano era...rocky beat two over-the-hill light heavies in charles and moore, and many think charles WON the first fight. he beat walcott who was the oldest man at the time to ever hold the title...and up until the ko, ole-ass walcott was handing rocky his ass...and rocky beat lastarza. beating competition that is made up of mostly old guys and mostly lhw's to me, is not that impressive.

i don't blame rocky for the poor level of comp during his era...it was post-ww II. boxing was in bad shape back then....that's why chalres and walcott fought FOUR TIMES back to back to back for the title...there was nobody else around til rocky showed up...but just as is happening today, eventually we saw a revival in boxing starting with patterson....now, if rocky had stuck around and beaten patterson, id' say he ranks higher. but he retired just before patterson made his move for the hw title.

yeah, rocky also beat joe louis...but louis was like 70 years old.

Back