Where does this guy stand in the ww division?

MMAViewer

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He is a big ww and has huge potential. Where does Thatch stand in this top heavy weight class? Who is next in line for the Rukus?
If Saffadin gets healthy that could be a good match up. I think Condit could be a good idea too.
What you say sherdog? Who should he fight next and where does he sit in the long list of names in this division??
How close is he to top ten?
Do you see him as a potential threat to the belt with 3-4 wins?

Attachments

• BRWJKyLCYAATSc0.jpg
    BRWJKyLCYAATSc0.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 11
don't know anything about him. in the future could you put the fighter's name in the thread title so the rest of us know if it's worth clicking or not? really lazy of you not to think of that.

also first!

Talking about Thatch as a contender at this point is as premature as I'd be with your AV.

Pretty early, he stands on the outside looking in for a few more years i imagine

i guess one could say i have high hopes for the kid. not sure where he goes, but he can definitely cause some problems for the right people. either way, he's another "on the shelf" forever guys that look really good, so can't get too excited just yet. I don't need another carwin to break my mmaheart

Too early, and all depends on who he beats, look at Stipe. I have no idea how he would do against a grinding wrestler. Would love to see him fight Condit down the line if his "streak" continues. That would be an insane fight.

I've enjoyed his first few fights, very entertaining fighter/persona Give him anyone in that 12-15 range of the rankings(Pyle, Gunnar,Laflare, E Silva) and I think it would be competitive and exciting. Not sure at age 28 with 2 KO's in UFC he can really be considered a prospect....hoping he is back in action soon, think the original timeline for his return from nagging perpetual injuries should be around now.

Hes only had 2 fights in the UFC. Let him take on someone like Pyle, Story, Alves, etc.

Hes only had 2 fights in the UFC. Let him take on someone like Pyle, Story, Alves, etc.

I agree with the crowd here that it is too early to early to peg him as a contender at this time. I also would like to see how he handles a grinding rassler.

BUT...he is definitely a new prospect to watch. He is 11-1 (lost his second fight in split decision), and has finished all 11 wins in the first round. There is no doubt he has the killer instinct. He showed good poise in his UFC debut. Given his striking skills and length, i believe he could give ANY striker in the WW division a challenge. At the very least, i doubt any of the top guys would overlook him in a fight if works his way up.

PS-in both fights that i have seen him in, i kept expecting him to break into capoeira kicks and get knocked cold in the first 10 seconds. This is due to that damned NOs commercial the UFC plays every 3 minutes...

Back