Movies Where does Sleepers stand in your movie list?

Mr. Shickadance

Ventura
@red
Reaction score
It has great actors in it, and an interesting story, but doesn’t even seem to get brought up to much . So what do you think of it?

for me it’s a great acting job by Pitt, Dustin Hoffman as the incompetent lawyer, who is used. Robert deniro as a priest, and kevin bacon as a creep CO. Also shines a light on how corrupt the judicial system is but sometimes corruption works in your favor. A very morally ambiguous message but we all feel ok at the end that these murderers get with it( even though surely they have committed other murders)
Anyways it get an A+ from me or an 9/10 from me.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0117665/
Edit: btw it’s top 20 for me

Last edited:
Good film, yeah.

Maybe a little long.

Subject matter probably didn’t help it in terms of gaining a wider audience.

Btw I’m gonna keep this shit going , so many shitty movies are brought up on here and talked about , this deserves respect, but hey it’s the dog and the internet so it won’t. Kind of like road to perdition

Last edited:
It’s also something that goes along with the Stanford prison experiment. Give someone a uniform and authority and they will most certainly abuse the power they have.

Dang maybe I should’ve started a thread on how people are aging, and pretended everyone here would’ve age better even though they have a 10th of the money

Good movie. Wonder if the Vatican played a role in keeping it from getting too much press?

Good movie. Wonder if the Vatican played a role in keeping it from getting too much press?
Maybe but according to the movie it’s based on a true story , and it has more to do with prison guards who were evil. And the priest saves the day, and that might not be reality but what the congregation and people as a whole want to feel.

It was big in Ireland because everyone knew the plot before it was released

I thought it was a good movie about institutional abuse with a stellar cast and great performances.

For me, it takes a hit for being a complete work of fiction being marketed as a true story. The author was never sent to reform school when he was a kid and there is no record of the murder or trial ever occurring from the New York DA office.

Back