Where does Robbie go from here?

Islam Imamate

Master of sports in Moderation.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
He beat the tar out of a very solid fighter in Jake Ellenberger and he had a real close, FOTN performance against the current champ so I don't think he's too far from a title fight. I think the winners of Rory/Woodley and DHK/Lombard are closer than he is but I figure with the right fights Robbie could get a title shot within 18 months.

Personally I would like to see him fight Matt Brown. The guy has a lot of momentum and would be a decent win that could catapult him into a number one contender fight. If he loses then you really legitimize Brown's claim for a title shot. Personally I think Robbie would maul Brown and I think he could beat DHK and Rory in a rematch. I don't think he'd fight Woodley or Lombard unless it was for a title since they train with him but I think he has a decent chance against either though they're definitely tougher fights for him in my eyes.

He deserves the Hendricks rematch. Robbie takes it this time.

He deserves the Hendricks rematch. Robbie takes it this time.

Agreed. I didn't think he should get an instant rematch, he needed to win one and got it over a top WW.

And lets face it none of the rest of the WW division has really made a statement about deserving a title shot with their recent wins (Lombard "Fitching" Shields, Woodley beating Condit via injury even though he was winning the fight, Rory edging Maia).

The only one who might deserve it more is the Woodley/Rory winner depending on the outcome.

If he wins his next then a title shot would be appropriate. Calling for a rematch with Hendricks right away is stupid

he deserves a rematch with Hendricks, but Id love to see him rematch Diaz

I'm a Robbie fan but I'd like to see him get another fight before a Hendricks rematch. Why? Because if he gets a rematch right now with Hendricks, what happens if he loses? He's in a shitty, JDS-esque situation. He won't be fighting for the belt for a long time, maybe ever again. Get a couple of wins under your belt, make some money, improve a little more, get hungry, and then do the rematch.

I want Lawler vs Lombard.

If he wins his next then a title shot would be appropriate. Calling for a rematch with Hendricks right away is stupid

Agreed.

Not really. He gave Hendricks all he could handle. Although I agree Hendricks won under the 10 pt must system Robbie still did enough that a lot of people felt he won. He just beat a top 10 guy so give it to him. Nobody else has done enough to be considered more deserving. Brown needs to beat someone of note.

Not really. He gave Hendricks all he could handle. Although I agree Hendricks won under the 10 pt must system Robbie still did enough that a lot of people felt he won. He just beat a top 10 guy so give it to him. Nobody else has done enough to be considered more deserving. Brown needs to beat someone of note.

This

Yea, as said above, if he doesn't get next shot at Hendrix, it would show how inconsistant and bias matchmakers are. Would be unfair to make him fight anybody else, based in how hendrix would e gotten an immediate rematch vs gsp, and Gus getting immediate rematch vs bones, I think its retarded Robbie even had to fight jake

Robbie should be getting a title shot right now!

Robbie vs Brown next IMO but I wouldn't mind seeing him defeat Hendricks (again)

A fight with Matt brown to end the hype...

If I were Dana, Robbie would be in the title rematch. But, I think Woodley is the next one. Then Robbie after he (meanwhile) mauls Matt brown.

But I also think he has not as much chance against a healthy Hendricks. Most people seem to totally ignore that he was against a torn bicep, fractured shin , fucked-up-weight-cut Hendricks. Robbie had his golden chance and he chose to play safe.

Nope not a fanboy of anyone. And Rex explained it well. A lot of you want things rushed, he lost his title match fair and square. He should earn another title shot instead of winning 1 and getting another crack. Makes it more legit imo

Fight vs Brown for a shot after the Woodley MacDonald winner and before the Lombard Dong winner.

They shud let me maul brown. Then get a title shot . I think he finishes brown in one round.

He fights Bombard after Bombard gets the belt.

Ruthless showed Hendricks is beatable.

Back