Where does Prime Wanderlei rank in terms of all time greats?

Chuck over Rampage?

LOL

I would say there close but whilst Rampage has the wins over Chuck I don't think he has as many good wins overall(the Machida win is a BS decision) and never really had a prolonged run of dominance like the guys above him on that list.

Chuck fought in a weaker division than Pride MW and got his ass whooped by Rampage when he went to Pride

Rampage > Chuck

You're entitled to your opinion but Chuck had a great career and deserves the recognition he gets.

1. Fedor

2/3/4 is GSP, Jones, Anderson in no order, I can't decide.

5. Big Nog
6. Jose Aldo
7. BJ Penn
8. Dan Henderson
9. Wanderlei Silva
10. Matt Hughes
11. Shogun Rua

At 205

1. Jones
2. Wand
3. Shogun
4. Rampage
5. Chuck

I would say there close but whilst Rampage has the wins over Chuck I don't think he has as many good wins overall(the Machida win is a BS decision) and never really had a prolonged run of dominance like the guys above him on that list.

Chuck fought in UFC

he didn't fight in Pride.....like I said above, he got rekt in Pride

Rampge's wins

Chuck X2

Igor

Randleman

Wand

Shogun

Lindland

Machida

Hendo

In the goat talk??? I have Wanderlei in the top 10 of all time. We can say that GSP, Fedor, Anderson take the top 3. Then you got 7 spots to fill, I see Wand in there somewhere.

Well pretty much sopt on, IMO... fairly killed this thread early haha

1318.gif

In the goat talk??? I have Wanderlei in the top 10 of all time. We can say that GSP, Fedor, Anderson take the top 3. Then you got 7 spots to fill, I see Wand in there somewhere.
Nailed it

Chuck fought in UFC

he didn't fight in Pride.....like I said above, he got rekt in Pride

Rampge's wins

Chuck X2

Igor

Randleman

Wand

Shogun

Lindland

Machida

Hendo

Where was I when Rampage beat Shogun?

Absolutely lol at being anywhere close to top 10. He makes a top 25 list...maybe.

You Pride fans...

All of these guys have better resumes
Anderson
GSP
Aldo
Fedor
Bones
MM
Cruz
Weidman
Hendo
Werdum
JDS
Cain
Shogun
Barnett
Big Nog
Hughes
Penn
Edgar
Liddell
Couture
And I'm sure I've forgotten a few.

Well, there are GOATs by overall career, and then there is the question of 'who was most unstoppable during his prime?'. I think Wand is an easy top 5 in the latter category.

Jones

Shogun
Wand
Chuck
Rampage
Machida
Evans
Couture
Hendo
Arona
Tito
F shamrock
L Nog

pre steroids I'd rank him top 5 easily. Post steroids, fuck him. all his achievements have an asterisk next to them.[/QUOTEA

Almost all fighter has done some steroids, I'm sure most of you're fav fighters also.
So where do you leave them?

i agree. i think wanderlei almost breaks the top-five.

for me, i have fedor, anderson, gsp (based solely on wins, not in the way he fights), nogueira, hughes. that's where i see wanderlei coming in next. i could see replacing hughes with wanderlei. but those first four can't be changed, in my opinion.

He's an ATG at 205, definitely one of the more accomplished fighters in the sport's history.

Back