Where does OSP go from here ?

Shoulda happened in this event!

Two Tennessee natives... in Nashville.

I think Page is mostly leaning towards fun winnable fights for him. Page/Shogun 2 is most likely what we will get next.

Back to the gym and sharpen his wrestling and BJJ of course!

At this point, he is a guy you can put on a card to interest people, and maybe get a ko finish. Bader and Glover are no slouches, but they are not the top of the division either, which puts OSP far out of title contention.

He's not young, he's on the cusp of his mid-30s. He's not inexperienced, either; he has over 20 fights and has been in the "big leagues" for 5 years. I don't know why people are acting like he's in his early 20s and has less than 10 fights. He's not going to improve that much at his age and with the amount of years he's been in the game. At least, it's highly, highly unlikely. Will he pull off some Lawler-esque rennaisance? Maybe, but don't bet on it. Instead bet on him alternating wins and losses, the former coming over guys like Cummins or spent legends, and the latter over the best of the division.

He's not young, he's on the cusp of his mid-30s. He's not inexperienced, either; he has over 20 fights and has been in the "big leagues" for 5 years. I don't know why people are acting like he's in his early 20s and has less than 10 fights. He's not going to improve that much at his age and with the amount of years he's been in the game. At least, it's highly, highly unlikely. Will he pull off some Lawler-esque rennaisance? Maybe, but don't bet on it. Instead bet on him alternating wins and losses, the former coming over guys like Cummins or spent legends, and the latter over the best of the division.

Isn't he 32? Regardless, he needs a top camp ASAP.

Needs to keep getting better, the wrestling needs to improve. A fight with Fejao or Rogerio would be good.

At this point, he is a guy you can put on a card to interest people, and maybe get a ko finish. Bader and Glover are no slouches, but they are not the top of the division either, which puts OSP far out of title contention.

You mean Glover didn't fight for a title recently and Bader didn't get robbed of a title shot? What are you talking about 'not top of the division'... DC, Rumble, Gus... Then who?

The only people above them in the rankings are Cormier, Rumble and Gustafsson (and Jones, if he still counts). Who else in the UFC LHW division would you consider "above" Bader and Glover at this point to not put them in/around "the top of the division"?

EDIT: Poster above beat me to making the same point.

To be honest he is a huge 205 and needs a better camp maybe att or alliance

Back