Where Does Nik Lentz Go From Here?

his fight literally put me too sleep, he one most boring fighters out there

He's top 10 or top 5 in the division. He is a problem for most guys.

People have been saying this for years. You think Dana cuts a top 10 FW after one loss? Ha

Yes, because a) he's a featherweight, which is a significantly less popular division, not to mention less talent rich, and b) Dana White wants to keep fighters around who make him richer.

you musta missed his damn good fights against lowe, mitsuoaka, oliveira, and dunham. you missed all those fights huh???

Judging from his fights, I'd say for a double-leg.

I can't tell where the FW division is at after the first 2-3 guys cuz some people have moved down to bantam to fill spots vacated for FlW.... its all confusing to me right now.

Guida/Hioki winner, might as well give the guy a chance to join the big leagues. He just beat one of the top ten in devastating fashion.

Lentz is good fighter that does what he has to to win. I enjoy watching him him fight , he imposes his will.Guida and him is a great fight, think it would turn into a sloppy stand up war.

like seeing lentz finally getting some love. His first few fights he quickly became one of the most hated ufc fighters because of some bs decisions that went his way and how boring he looked in a lot of his early outings, but i really think that had more to do with the stylistic matchups because once he started getting guys who really come to fight he looks great. He's also stepped up and improved leeps and bounds, he's constantly coming forward, starting to enjoy throwing some bombs and is all over his opponent from start to finish. He also has an amazing defensive guard, which i think makes him a good match for hioki if he gets past guida. and for those who dont know hioki is one of the best guard passers is mma period, 2nd only to bj imo with the way he uses the near side underhook to pass.

WAR LENTZ (IN MMA AND STARCRAFT II)

Last edited:

The fight was an absolute ass kicking and he's recently had great matches with Dunham and Oliveira. Not the mention his destruction of Mitsuoka. Lentz rules.

I felt like he could be really impressive at Featherweight, I think I even made a thread about it after he dropped down, but I've got to admit that I didn't think he'd beat Nunes that easily. I expected a close fight with Nunes edging a decision, similar to Nunes-Gamburyan. I was very impressed, even though he was a lot more cautious than he has been recently.

The Guida-Hioki winner would probably be my pick for his next fight, but I'd also be interested in matches with Siver, Dias or Poirier (if he beats Swanson). Elkins and Brown could also be interesting opponents, but I'd rather they face each other.

The fight was an absolute ass kicking and he's recently had great matches with Dunham and Oliveira. Not the mention his destruction of Mitsuoka. Lentz rules.

I felt like he could be really impressive at Featherweight, I think I even made a thread about it after he dropped down, but I've got to admit that I didn't think he'd beat Nunes that easily. I expected a close fight with Nunes edging a decision, similar to Nunes-Gamburyan. I was very impressed, even though he was a lot more cautious than he has been recently.

The Guida-Hioki winner would probably be my pick for his next fight, but I'd also be interested in matches with Siver, Dias or Poirier (if he beats Swanson). Elkins and Brown could also be interesting opponents, but I'd rather they face each other.

People love to bitch/spread myths (Lentz is boring, Rory destroyed Condit for 2 rounds, etc.)

Back