Where does Michael “The Count” Bisping rank amongst all time MW’s?

I think he was one of the top 3 MW's in the world when he beat Silva and Rockhold. His striking looked great and high level both fights.
After that though he seemed to fall out of it over night and almost lost to Hendo who was getting starched and GSP who didn't look that good at MW

He'd probably be around Jacare on my list. Had a claim to being #1 MW but there was doubts and was the #2 guy for a good amount of time

Lower than Anderson, Weidman, Hendo, Franklin, and Rockhold for sure.

I think there needs to be some modifiers to account for the fact that he was fighting clean in an era full of fucking cheaters.

Ahead of Rockhold fo sho

8lfA5P2.png

<15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15>

That’s 20 stiff Bisping faces to save you the trouble of counting them, so maybe too 20. Realistically the guy was a jobber whose only notable win was a fluke (stop mentioning Hendo and Anderson, they were long washed up and he arguably lost both of those fights)

3rd behind the greats, but above Franklin and Sonnen. 4th if you have Shammy as a MW.

Below Anderson, Yoel, Weidman, Whittaker, Izzy, Rockhold, Moose, Vitor, Franklin, Hendo and Jacare for me. Fringe top 10 though.

Ranking people who were never #1 in the world ahead of someone who was?

giphy.gif

He's a 40-45% under dog versus every top 10 MW, but he has a decent chance to beat every MW.

There are others who with bad or good matchups could be 70% favorites or 25% underdogs.
Bisping is consistently having a decent shot of beating anyone, but is never a monster underdog nor a monster favorite.

Anderson Silva
RIch Franklin
Dan Henderson
Vitor Belfort
Weidman
Rockhold
Romero
Adesanya
Whittaker
Chael Sonnen
Jacare
are at least 12 off the top of my head who were much better fighters

Below Anderson, Weidman and Whittaker but above all else including Rockhold and Yoel

<15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15><15>

That’s 20 stiff Bisping faces to save you the trouble of counting them, so maybe too 20. Realistically the guy was a jobber whose only notable win was a fluke (stop mentioning Hendo and Anderson, they were long washed up and he arguably lost both of those fights)
Anderson was washed up? The guy that took Adesanya to a decision was washed up?
Look, we all know your hatred for Bisping, why continue?

He's secured his place in history as the only champion who would have been an underdog against anyone in the top 10 of his division during his reign. And no one knew this better than him.

He KO'd Rockhold and out struck Anderson Silva with one eye.

He KO'd Rockhold and out struck Anderson Silva with one eye.

Both Rockhold and Silva fought like douchebags. Silva acted a fool and fought like one minute per round and still KO'd Bisping, but Herb didn't wave it off. That's besides the fact that Silva has been damaged goods post-Weidman.

Rockhold had already owned Bisping and basically threw his title in the trash. He didn't take him seriously and got caught. Karma.

Bisping's success during his title run was entirely due to how little respect his opponents had for him as a fighter. And he showed that he held the same opinion of his own abilities by not fighting any contenders, despite having probably the most legit contenders in one division in history during his reign. One can't help but think of the sheer joy he exhibited when Romero lost to Whittaker and he realized he had successfully ducked him.

Last edited:
Anderson was washed up? The guy that took Adesanya to a decision was washed up?
Look, we all know your hatred for Bisping, why continue?
He hadn’t won a fight in 3 years going into that one, and lost 3 of his next 4 after that one (arguably all 4 since many had him losing to Brunson too), if that’s not washed up I don’t know what is (and he STILL arguably beat Bisping).

Adesanya went easy on him out of respect and admiration, don’t be so fucken stupid.

Back