Where does Laura Sanko Train?

She trains at the WWE performance centre.

They decided to make her a commentator on DWCS and her commentary is pretty comical. She uses weird terminology for techniques that are widely known by a common name and seems to make very bad call outs of what's available. A girl went for a takedown and the other did a failed guillotine attempt into half guard and she said she has to be careful because she's going to be Von Vlue choked even though 1 that's a pretty damn rare technique to pull off and 2 the girl didn't even have her hands connected or anything. I have no problem with a woman commentator but she seems to have no clue what she's talking about. Seems like a move that the UFC made to be progessive but their are a million other people they could choose.

You mean this?

I'm pretty sure most commentators mention the Von "Flue" choke when the opportunity arises.

Sanko has the voice, MMA knowledge, and broadcasting career that others don't. They've tried out other MMA fighters like Tate and Waterson and they just haven't worked.
Idk if she's any better. I think we know why she's there...

3b8cc-16138740536331-800.jpg

You mean this?

So you proved my point. She had her hands connected and was pressuring one side. She called it out in a very common position. Fighters who have a failed guillotine often are in half guard before they give on the choke. She showed no signs of going for the Von Flue. You showing someone finishing it proves nothing. It was equivalent to someone getting a takedown, landing in guard and saying he's got to be careful of a triangle before the legs are even moved up.

I watched a fight she commentated and it was pretty awkward. She seems like a very good person, but she isn't a good commentator.

she falls under ufc's yes-man shill category who are happy to be there and follow the agenda they're told to.so perfect fit

all these pre-shows/post shows,ufc shows are a joke anyway I cant imagine listening or watching one...

So you proved my point. She had her hands connected and was pressuring one side. She called it out in a very common position. Fighters who have a failed guillotine often are in half guard before they give on the choke. She showed no signs of going for the Von Flue. You showing someone finishing it proves nothing. It was equivalent to someone getting a takedown, landing in guard and saying he's got to be careful of a triangle before the legs are even moved up.
You're right that the opponent never went for the Von Flue, but "let go of your guillotine when your opponent moves into half guard" is pretty standard advice and it's not weird that she mentioned it.

Sanko is an all around treat.

And fekk off with the looks thing - she was cuter before surgery blah blah.

She is jus as good as anyone out there or decently close and jus getting better..

I'm pretty sure most commentators mention the Von "Flue" choke when the opportunity arises.

Sanko has the voice, MMA knowledge, and broadcasting career that others don't. They've tried out other MMA fighters like Tate and Waterson and they just haven't worked.

In the Contender ep 2 of this season she was commentator, announcer at the ring after the fight, and does the interview with the fighters. She had three different jobs, you can say she a company women or shill but to me she a person that works hard to get what she wants.

You can literally levy these same complaints towards most, if not all of the commentators they have, why single out Sanko?

Remember just how many times BJJ black belt Joe Rogan has gone about "Locked-in" subs where the other guy then escapes?

Back