Where does Laura Sanko Train?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
They decided to make her a commentator on DWCS and her commentary is pretty comical. She uses weird terminology for techniques that are widely known by a common name and seems to make very bad call outs of what's available. A girl went for a takedown and the other did a failed guillotine attempt into half guard and she said she has to be careful because she's going to be Von Vlue choked even though 1 that's a pretty damn rare technique to pull off and 2 the girl didn't even have her hands connected or anything. I have no problem with a woman commentator but she seems to have no clue what she's talking about. Seems like a move that the UFC made to be progessive but their are a million other people they could choose.

In my bedroom. Taught her the rear naked choke
<{jackyeah}>
ESxY0qbX0AEpLvm.jpg:large

At the UFC PI with Dana as her boxercise coach.

She's just always trying to make sure everyone knows that she trains, that she has teammates, she knows techniques, tries to relate herself as one of the fighters constantly

Yes I know her buddy the matchmaker over at Invicta or wherever the fuck gave her a gimme fight so she could win a pro fight (2 pro fights, lost her first one via TKO due to... punch...)

Lee's Summit, Missouri area. That's where she lives.
She may travel a bit for some of her training but it's in that area.

she's very good friends with James Krause and prob trains with him a lot.

She's just always trying to make sure everyone knows that she trains, that she has teammates, she knows techniques, tries to relate herself as one of the fighters constantly

Yes I know her buddy the matchmaker over at Invicta or wherever the fuck gave her a gimme fight so she could win a pro fight (2 pro fights, lost her first one via TKO due to... punch...)
"He's got the meat cleaver choke clinched..." Ahhh Laura that's a head and arm choke.

Sanko is the real king of cringe. shes taking everything cejudo worked for

Laura-Sanko-Feet-5688515.jpg

Lee's Summit, Missouri area. That's where she lives.
She may travel a bit for some of her training but it's in that area.

she's very good friends with James Krause and prob trains with him a lot.
I'm pretty sure someone was in the omoplata position and she called it a knee shield which I guess is sometimes used but never really. Maybe she's overcompensating by using weird terms to make it seem like she's teaching you something.

Quite weird, I’ve been quite impressed with her, all considered. Perhaps my expectations were low to begin with, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised by her relative to many other mma commentators and any other female commentator that I’ve heard (acknowledging that I haven’t heard most of them).

kinda has an early Joe Rogan vibe. Yeah, she’s sometimes a bit off, but at least she’s talking about details that someone who hasn’t trained might not know, which is at least better than a HOF caliber athlete just saying things like “that one hurt him”.

A girl went for a takedown and the other did a failed guillotine attempt into half guard and she said she has to be careful because she's going to be Von Vlue choked even though 1 that's a pretty damn rare technique to pull off and 2 the girl didn't even have her hands connected or anything. I have no problem with a woman commentator but she seems to have no clue what she's talking about. Seems like a move that the UFC made to be progessive but their are a million other people they could choose.

I'm pretty sure most commentators mention the Von "Flue" choke when the opportunity arises.

Sanko has the voice, MMA knowledge, and broadcasting career that others don't. They've tried out other MMA fighters like Tate and Waterson and they just haven't worked.

Back