Where does Khabib-Tony rank in All-Time Matchups?

SmoothPies

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
For me, Khabib vs. Tony is one of the best match-ups in UFC history. Between the two of them, they have pretty much wiped out the entire LW division over the last 7 years.

You could make a strong argument that whoever wins this fight is the LW goat.

I think it rivals some of these match-ups, in terms of what they mean for divisions, legacies

Silva vs. Sonnen 2
Jones vs. Cormier
GSP vs. Penn 2
Cain vs. JDS 3
Chuck vs. Tito 2

Skill and competitive wise it is 1 or 2, I think fedor vs crocop is the only one higher.

It is 100 % higher than all the fights you mentioned. Jones vs cormier is near it, but cormier always was better at HW, it wasn't the best version of cormier, and tony's resume is better than cormier at the time.

Let's just hope that fight really happen this time...

I think it's easily the greatest LW match in MMA history.

Skill and competitive wise it is 1 or 2, I think fedor vs crocop is the only one higher.

It is 100 % higher than all the fights you mentioned. Jones vs cormier is near it, but cormier always was better at HW, it wasn't the best version of cormier, and tony's resume is better than cormier at the time.

Agreed.. as I was typing out those fights, it occurred to me that they really aren't close to this match-up

giphy.gif

I'll probably discover if it's possible to ejaculate without touching yourself during the walk-outs.

Agreed.. as I was typing out those fights, it occurred to me that they really aren't close to this match-up
the real question is : is khabib vs tony > fedor vs crocop ? I don't think so, but I can understand someone who thinks otherwise.

GSP vs Shields
Adesanya vs Whittaker
Diaz vs Condit
Rampage vs Evans
Fedor va CroCop

are all better matches imo

Two guys with legit claims of LW GOAT at the same time, about to scrap to see who’s GOAT.

It’s a huge fight with major implications. Hope it happens this time

For me it ranks right next to Wanderlei vs Manhoef among my favorite fantasy match-ups until I actually see them in the ring together.

the real question is : is khabib vs tony > fedor vs crocop ? I don't think so, but I can understand someone who thinks otherwise.

I think it's the modern day equivalent of that. It's almost sacrilegious on this forum to say anything is above Fedor vs. Crocop so I won't say that :)

Fedor vs. Crocop was also not just an extremely pivotal/legacy building matchup, it also turned out to be an amazing fight. Not saying that Khabib-Tony won't, but we will see

Extremely high for sure.
  • Both fighters fight in the weightclass with the largest talentpool
  • Both fighters are on a 12 fight win-streak inside the UFC
  • Khabib is insanely dominant and rarely takes damage, but Tony finished 9 out of his 12 last wins.
  • Both fighters are in their prime, or at least extremely close to it.
Can't wait for this fight.

It is a fight between the best and 2nd best ever lightweights so it'll determine the lightweight GOAT.

Khabib vs Tony is the GOAT matchup with Fedor vs Nog close behind. Fedor/CC was hyped like crazy but Nog has always been better than CC.

Back