Where does Gus' chin rank?

MadHorse

Green Belt
Reaction score
This guy's chin is absurd. The man gets kicked in the dome and doesn't even flinch. Gets a overhand right from Shogun and blinks it off.

A lot of the kicks were partially blocked but some of them hit the mark. Jones did an Aldo/Mendes-esque knee to the chin in round 4 and Gus just didn't give a damn.

He's got to be top 5 at the moment in the UFC. Behind Nelson/Hunt/Hendo, maybe alongside Shogun.

Last edited:
Behind Hendo, Hunt tied with Shogun.

the crazy thing is he doesn't even get dropped. Hendo has an insane chin but he gets dropped, but he has incredible recovery and does not go lights out. the thing about Gustafsson is he never really looks wobbly, never done the stanky leg while standing, and he's never been dropped by strikes in his whole career.

I want someone to go back and count how many headkicks landed on him last night. He just waded through them.

Edit: frgn swipe

Last edited:
Number 2 behind The Crimson Chin from Fairly Odd Parents

If you think that Gus won the fight, then logic dictates that Jones showed a more impressive chin than Gus in that fight.

I don't think either of them are on Hunt/Hendo/Big Country level. But an A- chin is still excellent.

Pretty good, but it still has some proving to do to be considered at the same level as Hendos,Ruas,Hunts,prime Nogs,BJs etc

Official Chin Rankings

1.) Conor McGregor
2.) Mark Hunt
3.) Alexander Gustaffson

Its hard to tell his chin from this fight alone cuz jones has absolutely no power.

In their primes for LHWs

Shogun
Hendo
Rampage
Liddell
Gus
Lil Nog
Wand

IMO

Why does Gus get more credit than Jones for having a good chin when the consensus around here is that he has a lot more power than Jones, landed better shots consistently and yet he was the one on queer street last night?

Why does Gus get more credit than Jones for having a good chin when the consensus around here is that he has a lot more power than Jones, landed better shots consistently and yet he was the one on queer street last night?

Exactly. Jones showed his to be just as good. Jones was also very close to finishing Gus. But Jones, despite taking a mauling for several rounds wasn't ever close to being put away.

I agree that Gus's chin is now proven to be current top 5.

Amazing chin, I wonder if we'll ever see Gus at HW, his chin would definitely hold up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back