ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Hammer
Chisorax2
Cunningham
Wlad
Wilder (draw most thought he won, and TKO)

Its hard to really say who is the greatest ever. Could tyson beat ali? Could prime tyson beat lewis? or ali vs Klitschko? Athletes get better over time.

But he is probably the best of his generation, he needs to fight joshua to find out.

But if you could take every heavyweight champion in there prime and put them in a tournament.. Tyson Fury would probably win.. so he is the best?

Its hard to really say who is the greatest ever. Could tyson beat ali? Could prime tyson beat lewis? or ali vs Klitschko? Athletes get better over time.

But he is probably the best of his generation, he needs to fight joshua to find out.

But if you could take every heavyweight champion in there prime and put them in a tournament.. Tyson Fury would probably win.. so he is the best?
Tyson is top 50.
Wlad wouldve spanked him in the rematch, Fury knew that and became the only asshole to gain weight doing cocaine.

I mean, this is a guy who got dropped hard by Cunningham, I have no doubt that Riddick Bowe, Larry Holmes, Prime Wlad or Vitali, Lennox Lewis, all those 6'5+ guys would beat him. They are just out right better boxers and hit harder.
Fury is in a shit era compared to some of them but its exciting. But Wilder shitting the bed makes the entire era look bad in my eyes. He looked like an amateur redundant asshole in there.

Fuckin Ernie Terrell would beat Fury. Yea, tell me how he wouldnt.

So Ali with his movement and jab, Fury couldnt handle that.
Tyson would bulldoze him.
Foreman would thud him all over the ring.
Frazier just dips and smacks his left to that fat torso all night until Fury takes a knee.
Louis cracks him in the jaw.

Yea hes good for his size, but that doesnt beat the greats.
Wilder isnt a great and never will be.

Charles Martin will beat Wilder.

Last edited:
Around Top 10. Could really end up close to the top if he smashes Joshua like he did Wilder. And of course you can shit on Wilder, Joshua, Fury etc. In fact you can shit on every accoplishment every boxer ever made, cause there is always an excuse. And every boxer in history had moments where he was rocked by some unknown guy. Only difference is, time will make you forget those moments, while the big glory moments stay in your longterm memory.

Ali
Lennox
Louis
Foreman
Holyfield
Holmes
Smokin Joe
Iron Mike
Liston
Marciano
Tyson
Wlad
Dempsey
Patterson
Jack Johnson
Vitali
Wills
Jeffries
Tunney

Fury not above em at all

Ppl like Bowe, Norton, Schleming, Walcott, Ezzard, Corbett etc. Fury easily has a case over. He didn't get ruined by coke like Bowe did and if he beats Joshua he's easily top 20

And the division is shit but has it ever been better post Lennox at the top?

Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Usyk, Ruiz, Whyte, Ortiz is better than it's ever been at the top in the past 15 years after Lennox reign for sure. If Fury cements himself as the best of his era with 2 more wins in that comp specially Joshua top 15 looks like a solid case for him

Last edited:
Ali
Lennox
Louis
Foreman
Holyfield
Holmes
Smokin Joe
Iron Mike
Liston
Marciano
Tyson
Wlad
Dempsey
Patterson
Jack Johnson
Vitali
Wills
Jeffries
Tunney

Fury has no case over them

Ppl like Bowe, Norton, Schleming, Walcott, Ezzard, Corbett etc. Fury easily has a case over. He didn't get ruined by coke like Bowe did and if he beats Joshua he's easily top 20

And the division sucks but has it ever been better post Lennox at the top?

Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Usyk, Ruiz, Whyte, Ortiz is better than it's ever been at the top in the past 15 years after Lennox reign for sure. If Fury cements himself as the best of his era with 2 more wins in that comp specially Joshua top 15 looks like a solid case for him

That's not bad list. I am wondering how you justified putting Lennox ahead of Louis. Was that decision based on record or skill level? I am also not sure that Fury Tyson would get passed the Klit brothers. I will have to watch more videos but right now I have him below Vitali.

That's not bad list. I am wondering how you justified putting Lennox ahead of Louis. Was that decision based on record or skill level?

Not in particular order besides Ali #1

Sorry for not clarifying

Hmmm... I could see Joe Frazier or Tyson bobbing and weaving their way past the jab to the inside and dropping him at close range.

Fury has attributes that would make him a nightmare against any heavyweight of any era. does that mean he’s top 20? Probably not, but these lists are all subjective anyway. Roided out 80s-90s fighters are all well respected because how deep the talent pool was, but they still lost to marginal fighters where as fury has dominated pretty much everyone.
I’d probably put him up with vitali

Foreman?

Last edited:
It’s laughable to think fury wouldn’t give everyone problems.

he’s 6-9 270. With boxing skills.

not saying he would win but he’s got the speed and movement of a guy much lighter

It’s laughable to think fury wouldn’t give everyone problems.

he’s 6-9 270. With boxing skills.

not saying he would win but he’s got the speed and movement of a guy much lighter

Agree that Fury would be a problem for any HW due to size and skills. I think how the question in the OP is phrased is why you’ll see very different answers.
Where does Fury rank....in what fashion?

In terms of skill and physical attributes he obviously passes the eye test. I’d have him ahead of quite a few boxers which would feature in all time top-10 lists. In terms of “greatness” he’d be far lower on the list due to a pretty shallow resume and a division which is viewed as weak, and to how different people view the concept of greatness. Career-defining wins, high profile rivalries, cultural impact and lengthy periods of dominance can figure in people’s definition of greatness, and Fury doesn’t have a whole lot to speak of in those areas.

Interesting question - as another poster mentioned, if you could somehow have a dream tournament where all past and present HW champs could compete in their prime, I would say Fury stands a reasonably good chance of winning it (I would put him in the top 10 at least due to his physical tools).

If we are talking about overall skill, influence on boxing and impact on sports as a whole, then he will always rank behind guys like Ali, Foreman, Holyfield, Tyson etc. This is nut Fury's fault, but the HW division just doesn't have the same mystique and aura that it had in the past - and it probably never will. In terms of creating a legacy, he is fighting in an era where that is much harder to do.

I also think he squandered some of his prime years with his drug and mental health issues (similar to Tyson with his jail stint). While it is amazing to see him come back from that, you can't help but wonder what he would have done if he never took his foot off the gas and stayed active.

Right now Fury has what I would call two "5 Star" victories over Wlad and Wilder. Thats pretty big because there are some all time great HWs with no 5 star victories. He is also undefeated which is significant.

However, what Fury hasnt done is had a extended reign as champion/#1 like Ali, Wlad, and Holmes. He hasnt ran the gauntlet of truly formidable contenders like Evander and Lewis have. He doesn't have the historical and cultural impact of a Jack Johnson or Joe Louis. He hasnt developed the fearsome reputation of guys like Tyson, Foreman, Liston, Dempsey.

Right now I have him right putside the top 10 somewhere between 12 and 15. I think you can make a case for him over guys like Liston, Patterson, and Bowe but I still have him behind Holyfield, Foreman, Frazier, perhaps Dempsey and Vitali. However, if he can go on to win a trilogy fight with Wilder and beat Joshua now were talking. That would be four 5 Star victories while being undefeated.

Top 20 at least, but not top 10.
With his combination of size, movement and skills he would give everyone problems. That said, I'd favour Lewis, Vitali, prime Wlad (maybe even the young and reckless one that demolished Schulz and Mercer) and Holyfield over him, with everyone being at their best. Holmes could also beat him and someone like Norton, who always gave boxers hell and struggled with big punchers, would have a legit chance. I don't know about short pressure fighters like Fraizer and Tyson, Fury is a huge guy who has a good inside game, with the size and weight advantage he could try to wear them down. Bowe is 50:50, probably the one big guy with a better inside game, but he never was as mobile and could be bothered by a good jab.

For reference. Ranked wins:

Joe Louis - 33
M. Ali - 31
Jack Johnson - 23
Larry Holmes - 19
Wlad Klitschko - 15
Mike Tyson - 15
Lennox Lewis - 14
Evander Holyfield - 12
Joe Frazier - 11
Rocky Marciano - 9

Tyson Fury - 2

Tyson is top 50.
Wlad wouldve spanked him in the rematch,
Fuckin Ernie Terrell would beat Fury. Yea, tell me how he wouldnt.
So Ali with his movement and jab, Fury couldnt handle that.
Tyson would bulldoze him.
Foreman would thud him all over the ring.
Frazier just dips and smacks his left to that fat torso all night until Fury takes a knee.
Louis cracks him in the jaw.

Dude... :D :D

When arguing things like whos GOAT, you cant use "woulda coulda shoulda" theories lol... We take what actually happened in reality, we take a look at resumes, compare them and see whos stands better.

I mean cmon... With this logic i could say Shaq is greatest basketball player cause if Lakers stayed together and Shaq kept his ass in shape he and Kobe could have won 7 championships...

Lets stick to the things that happened, rather than what you think could have happened, please...

That being said, looking at Furys resume so far, maaaaybe he cracks top 15-20 imo if were talking GOAT, but thats still a stretch... Needs way more ranked wins than what he has.

Last edited:
Worst thing about the aftermath of a heavyweight fight these days is fuckin' morons telling me that whomever just won is now the official Greatest of All-Times.

Wilder knocks out a clubfighter like fuckin' Breazale & he was the most dangerous hitter of all-time, Ernie Shavers crossed with prime Tyson—rather than, say, a latter-day Bob Satterfield? Fury beats his arse & now he's unbeatable, you say?

Didn't notice anyone saying that when he was scraping past 40-something Wlad...

Does my fuckin' nut in. Like Mao said of the French Revolution: "It is too early to form a considered opinion."

\rant

Fury beats many HW's by means of stamina and defensive skill. I would put him top 20, maybe breaking top 10.

A lot of the big boys couldn't put the rounds in and Fury would win a [somewhat boring] points victory. Not the most explosive or exciting fighter, but he knows how to win and has the tools to do it.

If we're talking ring IQ and mentality then he's definitely breaking into the top 10.

By no means is he 'the best ever'.

Back