Where does DC go from here?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ermac88, Jan 4, 2015.

1. ermac88

ermac88 Red Belt

Despite his loss, I thought he put on a stellar performance against arguably the best fighter in the organization.

I think DC probably beats everyone at LHW not names Jones, but that leaves him stuck at #2.

Shouldn't he return to HW? Maybe take a run at the belt since his compadre is essentially inactive?
    DC's in great shape, but no spring chicken in regards to how much longer he can fight at this level.

2. Adamant

Adamant GOLD BELT

I think he should get 2-3 more big wins and then another title shot. After that, we'll see. But for now, he's still definitly in the hunt.

3. estranged

estranged Brown Belt

beat the gus/rumble loser then a title contender fight makes sense

4. WrestlinganJudo

WrestlinganJudo Banned Banned

I think it is time to see if he is 2nd, 3rd, or 4th best in the division. If he can show he is second best one of these days see if he is up to trying again.

5. Shammon

Shammon Brown Belt

I think when the dust settles, DC might realize that he did pretty well for himself.

If you hype yourself to the point where anything but a one sided demolition win is a failure, then you're obviously going to be extremely disappointed with a loss. Take Gus for example, even though he ultimately lost, no one thought he'd have a chance, so he came out looking great and full of confidence lol.

DC took way less damage than Gus did (if any at all) so with 2 or 3 more fights and better conditioning, less emotion, etc. there's nothing to suggest he can't jump right back in.

6. corrupted

corrupted Brown Belt

That's what I would've thought

7. Destroid

Destroid Brown Belt

Middleweight where he belongs.

8. Philippou4Life

Philippou4Life Black Belt

I prefer that he fights the winner of Evans/Texiera

9. corrupted

corrupted Brown Belt

I'm not sure. From how he looked in the 4th round especially, he broke. i thought that during the fight and not after when Jones mentioned it. You could see by the look on his face that when he got his slam. He took a little .. if not all of his soul.

This might not ruin him, but it certainly wont help him

10. Shammon

Shammon Brown Belt

I don't know if he broke more than he just gassed, albeit a large part of that Cormier admitted was due to Jones's brilliant body strikes.

Cormier is an emotional guy, it didn't look like he broke. I say that because his gameplan stayed consistent throughout, he just lost the energy to complete it.

Then again, we don't know what's going on in Cormier's head so it's all speculation until he comes out and admits whether he broke or not. As an MMA fan, I hope he just uses the loss to fuel him further so I can watch more exciting fights.

11. JT RIPPER

JT RIPPER Black Belt

Gus/Rumble loser or maybe Rashad/Glover winner? Seems that's pretty much the top end of the division

12. Sigmafight

Sigmafight Banned Banned

I think he should take 1 more fight against a top 10, just to see if he still has the fire, and is not broken

If he does not seem like the old self, hesitant, doubting, etc. Then he should retire imho.

13. chardog

chardog That's President Donald Trump

back to heavyweight..... lost too much power in his punches going to LHW, wasnt that hard of a hitter to start with.

14. Angelassassin53

Angelassassin53 Black Belt

Lol wut

Back to HW if anything.

15. TheOneWhoKnows

TheOneWhoKnows Blue Belt

Will he still have the determination to make a tough weight cut to 205 knowing he's at least 2 or 3 wins and probably 18+ months from another title shot? He could easily go back to Heavyweight where the division is much more shallow and probably get a fight against Werdum before Cain even came off the injury list. I'd say he should go back to Heavyweight or just stick to the analyst job on Fox Sports.

16. Goatcouchpotato

Goatcouchpotato Banned Banned

I know mw is a hell of a lot less likely than anything but it really shouldn't be because look at his height and the excess body fat he still carries around at lhw. Whether he's willing to or wants to is another thing.

17. kic**

kic** Orange Belt

He should stay at LHW but lose a bit of fat and get in better cardio shape. In a rematch with Jones he would be the favorite.

18. TGArthur

TGArthur You can't lose if you win the fight.

You know I can't think of it right off the top of my head. Have there been any fighters who have lost the title fight and have gotten in the winning bracket to get another shot?

The only one now that I think of it is Josh Koscheck.

19. YES Cartwheel

YES Cartwheel Green Belt

In the space between Harold Howard's teeth.
    Where does Daniel Cormier go from here? There's only one answer.

[​IMG]

20. moreorless87

moreorless87 Disarming Posting

Not so sure about that, after the Gus/AJ winner who else is there for Jones to fight at LHW? given the fued and the fact that the match was competitive I would not be supprized to see Cormier go straight into a #1 contender match and potentially fight Jones again around this time next year.

The only alternative to that to me seems to be for either Cain to move down and fight Jones or Jones to move up to HW. I don't think Weidman will be moving up to LHW when he's got such a strong line up of challengers in the short term.