Where does Conor rank on all time goat lists?

he’s the first UFC double champion and took out Aldo, Max Holloway and Dustin Poirier. Yes he lacks title defenses (which is an issue) but he makes up for it with his run at FW and his overall resume.
Max and poirer who were green as fuck

Yeah that is 1000% untrue.

Conor McGregor's resume' >>> Weidman, Cain, Woodley, Holloway, probably (definitely but less so) Hendo and Shogun, and arguably BJ's but I'd say no I guess on that.

Stipe is a bit of a stretch too, and DC isn't that far ahead but is definitely ahead. Mighty Mouse is above but fought shit competition arguably, and half the guys you mentioned aren't from this decade anyway btw.

Israel has 7 UFC fights total, has fought 2 actually good fighters (3 if we count Brunson) and has 0 title defenses. No.

Tony's resume'? No. Khabib? close and arguable, but McGregor has much better wins and accolades. Usman? No.

GSP, SIlva, Aldo, Fedor, Hendo, Shogun, BJ are all not from this decade btw, their primes and starts of championship runs are from last decade, in the 2000s.

The fact of the matter is McGregor dethroned the FW GOAT - Aldo - who many considered a top 3-5 all-timer at that point, and he went undefeated at FW and beat Mendes a legit elite wrestler, and other names like Holloway and Porier even if they weren't in their primes or best forms. He then won the LW title and destroyed the LW champion Eddie Alvarez, and has won at WW* against two top 10 caliber opponents in Cerrone and Diaz. He fought the boxing GOAT in boxing too in between.

You say you're a McGregor fanboy but you think Max fucking Holloway has a better claim to GOAT status? Why? Cain, Weidman, Izzy, Tony? Just a yikes from me. All those guys are clearly inferior. Cain broke down, Tony has never even won a real belt or beat elite competition arguably, Weidman beat Silva twice and a deflated Belfort and then fell off hard, Izzy has done little. McGregor has only lost to Khabib and Diaz two weight classes above his original, which he avenged. Two belts same time, big names on the resume'. It's facts.
Lmfao

His biggest wins were against way smaller dudes and he already has 4 losses at 30. He did beat the FW goat, but Werdum beat Fedor, and Weidman beat Silva but we don't put them that high on the list because of it.

I think outside the Top 30 is fair, but in terms of popularity he is #1 so peoples views will be skewed.

His biggest wins were against way smaller dudes and he already has 4 losses at 30. He did beat the FW goat, but Werdum beat Fedor, and Weidman beat Silva but we don't put them that high on the list because of it.

I think outside the Top 30 is fair, but in terms of popularity he is #1 so peoples views will be skewed.
He is the most popular because he is the best fighter. Willing to fight anyone at anytime at anyweight and doesnt care about money just fights for fans and because he loves it.
Impossible not to rank him at clear cut #1 far above the rest

He is the most popular because he is the best fighter. Willing to fight anyone at anytime at anyweight and doesnt care about money just fights for fans and because he loves it.
Impossible not to rank him at clear cut #1 far above the rest
Popular because he is a colorful character outside the ring and he has an exciting style and the UFC pr machine pushed him hard, plus he had a country behind him, but that surely does not mean he's the best. If popularity was the measure Brock, Ronda and CM punk would round out the top 5.

As for fight anyone at any weight, he's a lightweight. He could never cut down to FW at his age without an IV. Until he starts fighting legit welterweights instead of LW journeymen at WW then he's not "fighting anyone at any weight".

Popular because he is a colorful character outside the ring and he has an exciting style and the UFC pr machine pushed him hard, plus he had a country behind him, but that surely does not mean he's the best. If popularity was the measure Brock, Ronda and CM punk would round out the top 5.

As for fight anyone at any weight, he's a lightweight. He could never cut down to FW at his age without an IV. Until he starts fighting legit welterweights instead of LW journeymen at WW then he's not "fighting anyone at any weight".
Conor is GOAT

How many greatests of a time can you have? There's a list?

he’s the first UFC double champion and took out Aldo, Max Holloway and Dustin Poirier. Yes he lacks title defenses (which is an issue) but he makes up for it with his run at FW and his overall resume.
He's #1 with a bang in terms of entertainment and great fights. Never been in a boring fight and always great on the Mic and always being talked about (good or bad).

Silva fought at LHW to fill in for cards from what I remember, I'm sure he could have got a title shot if he wanted it but both he and Jones probably wanted no part of each other, specifically him wanting no part of Jones when he became champ.

I do agree McGregor is a top talent. Cant deny that. One of the best elite strikers ever...

But when it comes to being a GOAT, in my eyes, GOAT doesnt get choked out by Nate Diaz while in prime of his career, take 3 year hiatus from the sport, only to come back and get choked out again...

Wins the most money$. Has taken very little damage to his skull.

4 top 10 wins and 0 title defenses?

He may sneak inside the top 50, but not much higher.

Strictly based on what happens inside the cage, he's not amazingly high.

Top 3 FW all-time
Big Wins: Mendes, Aldo (legendary win), Alvarez
Good Wins: Diaz 2, Cowboy, Dustin
Never lost to a scrub (post-regional circuits)

That's a nice resume, but simply not enough top wins to be high on a GOAT list.

He's #1 with a bang in terms of entertainment and great fights.

The excitement is unbearable! WILL HE HAVE A HEART ATTACK OR JUST FAINT

AgileHighlevelFurseal-size_restricted.gif

I don't. I also don't combine P4P and GOAT since that's just silly and the top 10 HWs of all time likely beat everyone MW and down and likely most of the LHWs too.

Back