Where does Conor rank on all time goat lists?

Whats BJ Penn done to be ranked above Conor? Win a WW title he never even ATTEMPTED to defend? Beat Joe Daddy for the vacant title? Get over 2x as many title shots as he has defenses? Please, save us all the BJ Penn is a GOATer.
I mean, BJ has 5 UFC belts on his mantle and Conor has 2.

My FW GOAT ranking:

1. Aldo
2. Holloway
3. Faber
4. McGregor
This is in fact accurate based on actual accomplishments. Urijah has 5 FW title defenses as the #1 FW in the world.

Whats BJ Penn done to be ranked above Conor? Win a WW title he never even ATTEMPTED to defend? Beat Joe Daddy for the vacant title? Get over 2x as many title shots as he has defenses? Please, save us all the BJ Penn is a GOATer.
Conor never attempted to defend any title. BJ got stripped at WW but had multiple defenses of the LW title.

Not a Conor fan but that reasoning sucks. So you're allowed to lose to Chonan and Takase and be considered one of the greats? You're allowed to lose to Serra? Bader? I mean losing to anyone doesn't eliminate you from GOAT contention. That is stupid.

I love how a fella countryman is always honest

It's our strength and weakness

I similar to you rate conor very highly and can't understand how anybody can't see how talented he is?

It's OK to dislike someone, but we can't be blinded by hate

Except McGregor beat Holloway and Porier too which you didn't include. He beat Aldo first, the only loss Aldo had received in eons. And you are just leaving out the fact that McGregor went undefeated, never lost, and Holloway lost to Porier, McGregor, and now Volk. 0 losses vs 3. That doesn't matter?

You're also including a shot Lamas, an overrated Ortega, and some eh wins even if they were ranked like Stephens and Oliveira, even Swanson was probably declined at the time. Not some amazing wins there. Mendes was better than everyone listed besides Aldo, at the time. Aldo also already lost taking the shine and mental focus off debatably.

Again: One guy dethroned the FW GOAT first, never lost a fight at 145, beat the other guy (even if it was early in both UFC careers), beat the guy the other guy lost to (Porier), and moved up and won the 155 belt.

But your username obviously will block you from looking at anything with a shred of honesty.

Holloway's losses to Poirier and McGregor (and Dennis Bermudez, LOL) came early on in his career.
THEN he went on a 14, I mean FOURTEEN win streak at FW: McGregor had 7, I mean SEVEN fights altogether in the UFC at FW. That 14 win-streak includes 3 title defenses: McGregor had 0, as we all know.

You can try to downplay wins over Ortega (LOL) and Lamas and Stephens and Oliveira and Swanson and, and and... (oops, we haven't even mentioned Aldo x2 and Edgar)... but it sounds rather strange when McGregor's third best win at FW is either #9 ranked Poirier or... Dennis Siver.

What exactly are we talking about?
Holloway's FW resume blows Conor's FW resume out of the water.

get nog tf out of there
He has wins on his resume over some really good hws. He has to be up there somewhere. He couldnt beat Fedor, but pretty much everyone else big name..he beat. No not in the ufc, but when he was a great fighter in his day. He beat enough top guys to deserve top 10. I'm sure there are guys that can slot in, but In the end he is above conor.

he’s the first UFC double champion and took out Aldo, Max Holloway and Dustin Poirier. Yes he lacks title defenses (which is an issue) but he makes up for it with his run at FW and his overall resume.

Khabib is already ahead of him by virtue of beating him, being undefeated, and actually defending a title. And I doubt Khabib is top 20, at least right now. He certainly isn't top 10, and so Conor isn't near those rankings either.

he’s the first UFC double champion and took out Aldo, Max Holloway and Dustin Poirier. Yes he lacks title defenses (which is an issue) but he makes up for it with his run at FW and his overall resume.

agreed and He is easily top 10 talent wise.

Khabib is already ahead of him by virtue of beating him, being undefeated, and actually defending a title. And I doubt Khabib is top 20, at least right now. He certainly isn't top 10, and so Conor isn't near those rankings either.

khabib Is arguably the greatest non heavyweight in mma history bro.

You’re just ignoring the facts.

1. When Conor fought Max, Max already had 5 UFC fight experience and went on his amazing streak to the title after the Conor fight. Conor outclassed him in every aspect of the game and would school him today as well. People were saying that Max would starch DP in their rematch, because he’s a different fighter now. Look how well it went for him. And by the way DP is another one who Conor absolutely destroyed.

2. DP would 100% get a shot for a title if he would have beaten Conor at FW. He was on impressive 3 fight win streak.

3. Denis Siver was ranked #10

4. Mendes was an excellent win

5. Conor predicted he would KO with the exact shot he said he would and was seen practicing it in the locker room before the fight. He also KO another dude before that with the same exact sequence. 100% a fluke

6. Nate Diaz was ranked #8 and is former title challenger. Conor fought him going up two weight classes. Imagine Khabib vs Till at 185?

7. Win over Eddie was probably an all time top 3 performances by a title challenger

8. Cowboy was ranked #5 when Conor whooped his ass

So that’s 8 top 10 wins not 5. Conor has a solid case for being an all time top 10, being the double champ, undefeated at FW, KO wins in 3 weight classes, 22-4 in MMA, 10-2 UFC, 3-1 UFC title fights, no failed drug tests
Lol, Dennis Bermudez whooped his ass worse in the fight just prior too that, why doesn't that count for him, would he whoop Max now? Max was always a competent striker, what he lacked was TDD and serviceable ground game giving him the chance too threaten with submissions or get back up when taken down, that's what has drastically improved since then. Not too mention who cares if he was 5 fights into his career when those fights where against 30-15 competition?

If Conor can't get Max down today how do you see him winning since we already know he can't hurt him with strikes and was intact himself the only one that got hurt striking in their fight?

Yeah, like Max Poirer was also much improved and he also didn't really get "whooped" he got clipped in an exchange by making 1 very small mistake which I'm sure he and his team immediately saw after the fight and addressed, as is evidenced by his much improved Boxing and Boxing defence. Plus 155 Dustin has clearly shown how much better he is when he doesn't put himself through massive weight cuts. You're right he probably would have gotten a shot with a win there though since Aldo had already beaten everyone else in front of him.

Lol, a South paw "accurately predicted" he was going to KO an orthodox puncher with a counter left!!!! God damn, that really is unprecedented given the Southpaw always has the advantage of the inside step when countering a left hook with a left hook haha, but didn't he predict this exact same thing in every other fight too?

Did he also predict he would get hit extremely hard himself in the process and if not for his chin and the punch being about 2" higher than would have been ideal may very well have been apart of the greatest 13 second double KO in FW history? (Which in hindsight would have been the best case scenario for the fans).

Yeah, his performance against Eddie was fantastic, credit where credits due but top 3 all time.... Really?

Jones/ Shogun, Couture/ Liddell, GSP/ Hughes 2, Penn/ Sherk, Silva/ Franklin, Shogun/ Machida and arguably Eddie himself over RDA are all better just off the too of my head.

Yeah, Siver went from 12th too 10th (thought it was 8th) by signing the contract so I don't count him, (nor should anyone else), Diaz got ranked at WW for beating Conor who wasn't a ranked WW so again, irrelevant, and you don't get ranked wins against LWs if you fight them at WW because you can't be bothered doing the unpleasant part of your job, (or at least nobody else does, I know we like too make exceptions in the case of Conor though) so again irrelevant bringing us back too 4 like I said, its about the facts right? Haha. (My bad, I said 5 but I'm not sure who the 5th is) Poirer, Mendez, Aldo, Eddie. Even if you're being nice and give him Diaz and Cowboy that's still only 6 since Siver has no business being included .

Moved up too weight classes..... Lol. You mean the guy who's own coach said was 172 in the cage against Aldo but then suddenly had to "eat 3 breakfasts a day" just too make 168?

Why a Khabib vs Till analogy though? Wouldn't it be more accurate if you said Khabib vs say Mike Perry at 185? Why Till who actually had a winning record at WW against ranked opponents and fought for the belt there?

Even thats a stretch though since Perry wasn't a career WW who briefly stepped up too 170 before coming back down after getting rag dolled there.

Behind: GSP, Fedor, Anderson, Bones, Mighty Mouse, Nunes, Bas, Hughes, Frank, Cormier, Nog, Khabib, Couture, Henderson, Cruz... and probably a few others. I'd say he's up there with Penn, alongside Wandy, Liddell, Cejudo, Shogun and Royce. Cejudo will likely pass him if he hasn't already.

Big Nog? Really? What has he done to be a top 10? Conor has way more impressive resume than Nog’s

Nog has more top 10 wins than Conor, it's not even close.

Conor is 3-2 in the UFC when he doesn't look like a holocaust victim.

Somewhere between Roxanne Modaferri and Mighty Mouse

Nope

lol @ Conor fans trying to amp up his "great wins" at 170.

I think he is the most exciting fighter of all time. At 45 to me he is the best of all time. I don’t think anybody could beat him at 45. Fucking nobody.

Even below Forrest Griffin and Matt Serra. At least they defended.

LOL that is fucking retarded. Do you know in boxing some of the most highly regarded heavyweight champions of all time have very limited title defenses? I mean Wladimir Klitschko defended the championship like 15 times and nobody gave a fuck. Lewis only really defended the championship a few times after defeating Holyfield and retired. And along the way he got knocked out.

I think he is the most exciting fighter of all time. At 45 to me he is the best of all time. I don’t think anybody could beat him at 45. Fucking nobody.

You mean aside from the random can that he lost to at FW lol

You mean aside from the random can that he lost to at FW lol

In the UFC he absolutely murdered everyone. Destroyed them. Max and Jose.. Easy work. Max lost his championship belt to a fucking midget. So don’t give me this Max is so much better bullshit. Not really.

Back