Where does Conor rank as an all-time great MMA striker?

I have him at (proper) 12

But only when hes fighting midgets

I’d probably have him top 15, possibly top 10. His left hand was unstoppable at featherweight and still phenomenal at lightweight. The only reason I don’t rate him higher is because his lack of diversity in striking. He doesn’t have a particularly effective jab or kicking game, nor is his head movement outstanding. His distance management and left hand are amazing though and for that reason I’d have him top 15 at the very least

striking attack: fine

strining defense: his jaw

mediocre

Conor is definitely top 5 featherweight. And he is top 5 for most spetacular fight ever.

But the greatest he is not.

Huge Conor hater but I have him top 25

Last edited:
It only makes him a better striker imo with his dominance in some fights, but he owns one clean KO in UFC. Was his left that powerful? I never saw that. All those knockdowns were more pinpoint accuracy than power. Who knows. He essentially left the sport in his prime.

As his biggest hater in this forum, I'd rank him as number 1, but only while his cardio lasts, which is 7 minutes tops, after that he's pretty harmless.

Him and Travis Browne can dish out some very dominant beatdowns depending on the opponents.

<BC1>
<{danayeah}>

at his best, like during the Alvarez fight, top 3-4 would be fair. There are other better all around strikers but he does incorporate some nice teep / front kicks and mid / high kicks Into his game that mostly go unnoticed. Obviously his boxing Is the highlight though.

In terms of straight up boxing, there isn't anyone who has a clear argument over him. Most people are biased or don't know boxing though so he probably won't get that credit from many. The boxing community would agree though.

I don't think most people are qualified enough to answer something like this so I wouldn't expect much.

I’d probably have him top 15, possibly top 10. His left hand was unstoppable at featherweight and still phenomenal at lightweight. The only reason I don’t rate him higher is because his lack of diversity in striking. He doesn’t have a particularly effective jab or kicking game, nor is his head movement outstanding. His distance management and left hand are amazing though and for that reason I’d have him top 15 at the very least
People who say he only has a left hand don't know what they're talking about and probably have never set foot In a gym

The other Silva, "the Axe Murderer" in his prime would also be on this kind of list.

It's impossible to answer this question because MMA striking is all about stylistic matchup(example: cody, tj cruz) . there's no best striker in the mma or ufc, but conor is certainly right up there with other great strikers like wonderboy, max, whittaker,israel or Tj
Lol at Wonderboy

The bottom end.

There are guys who will say "I know boxing you don't and conor is a great boxer".

If that were the case he would have had at least something to threaten floyd with but he had no mastery of any boxing fundamentals. Don't believe? Show me another time floyd walked forward with a high guard letting his opponent throw at him. Show me another time in which floyd was clowning between rounds. I'll save you the time because outside of the conor "boxing match" floyd has never done that. Floyd has fought the best of the best (many past their primes but still offered more of threat than conor) and this was floyd pulling a fast one on a popular mma fighter and his clueless fanbase.

He basically does one thing good - slide out, slide in with the counter. He throws kicks but they are mostly flash and little substance. The one time he tried to throw round houses and use a sustained leg attack he was the one walking out on crutches,

Doesn't know how to work off of a jab, throws looping wide punches the majority of time, head movement is none existent, chin high up in the air , footwork is at best passable.

Fedor destroyed Mirko in his prime in pure stand up
Destroyed? Come on man, that’s not true at all. As a huge Mirko fan I acknowledge Fedor was a far superior fighter and won that fight fair and square by UD, but say he destroyed Cro Cop in the stand up isn’t accurate. Love em’ both. Fedor GOAT in my book.

I wanna know where does he fall on the list of all-time greatest sex offenders? Is he before or after Michael Jackson? Where does he stand next to Cosby? This needs to be discussed thoroughly.
McRaper Bless.

If that were the case he would have had at least something to threaten floyd with but he had no mastery of any boxing fundamentals. Don't believe? Show me another time floyd walked forward with a high guard letting his opponent throw at him. Show me another time in which floyd was clowning between rounds. I'll save you the time because outside of the conor "boxing match" floyd has never done that. Floyd has fought the best of the best (many past their primes but still offered more of threat than conor) and this was floyd pulling a fast one on a popular mma fighter and his clueless fanbase.

I take it you haven't seen the Tenshin fight.

Back