Where does Conor fit if we are talking top tier mma fighters?

Conor would probably rank for me somewhere around the 15th-20th best MMA fighter of all time.

Captured belts in 2 weight divisions, and had an incredible run. But the big knock is that he never defended either title.

Tier 1 - GSP, Fedor, Jones, Silva, Mighty Mouse, Khabib
Tier 2 - DC, Hughes, Aldo, Big Nog, Cejudo
Tier 3 - Couture, Penn, Cruz, Lawler, Hendo
Tier 4 - This is where Conor might fall in

DC there but no current HW champ ??

Tier 3, if we are being generous. Never seen a fighter so unwilling to defend their titles.

GOATS dont lose to complete nobody's like Nate Diaz.

I love the 209 as much as the next person, but even an ATG shouldn’t have battled to life and death with Nate Diaz...... TWICE.

Conor would probably rank for me somewhere around the 15th-20th best MMA fighter of all time.

Captured belts in 2 weight divisions, and had an incredible run. But the big knock is that he never defended either title.

Tier 1 - GSP, Fedor, Jones, Silva, Mighty Mouse, Khabib
Tier 2 - DC, Hughes, Aldo, Big Nog, Cejudo
Tier 3 - Couture, Penn, Cruz, Lawler, Hendo
Tier 4 - This is where Conor might fall in
I agree with your Tier 1 mostly, but two things:
  • Aldo deserves to be in Tier 1
  • Big Nog, although beloved, does not belong near (your) Tier 2, nor is he on the same skill level as a prime BJ Penn let alone a Dominick Cruz.
No offense there mate.

I agree with your Tier 1 mostly, but two things:
  • Aldo deserves to be in Tier 1
  • Big Nog, although beloved, does not belong near (your) Tier 2, nor is he on the same skill level as a prime BJ Penn let alone a Dominick Cruz.
No offense there mate.

That's fair. Big Nog is one of my favorites so that's my bias showing

I would place him above DJ and Khabib, but below the others in tier one.

i don’t think DJ, Conor and Khabib belong In the same tier as Anderson/GSP/Fedor or Jones.

Back