Where does Conor fit if we are talking top tier mma fighters?

GoatArtemLobov

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Let's say we have Tier 1 with GSP, Jones, Khabib, Silva, Fedor and DJ
Tier 2 with Miocic, DC, Aldo, Cejudo, and guys like Izzy who is already tier 2 and soon to become tier 1 if you ask me.
Can we put Conor in tier 2 or should he be tier 3 with guys like Tony, Cruz, Holloway, Overeem etc.

If it is a GOAT list then there should be no tiers.. You have those in the conversation on the list and those not in the conversation not on the list.

For me Conor is not on that list.

Not to shit on your thread but the term GOAT, literally means, The Greatest Of All Time. I don’t understand how people can have 20-30 fighters in a goat list. There can only be one. JonesBless

GOATS dont lose to complete nobody's like Nate Diaz.

I didn't know there was a "tier list".

Sounds like something Conor fans make to put him in the conversation. If you had an all time MMA list he's probably 15ish-20.

I edited, agree it was a bit dumb, but English is like my 4th language...

Not a top 20 fighter all time, but still talented with some great performances under his belt.

Based on your tier lists, he could fit in tier 3.

Let's say we have Tier 1 with GSP, Jones, Khabib, Silva, Fedor and DJ
Tier 2 with Miocic, DC, Aldo, Cejudo, and guys like Izzy who is already tier 2 and soon to become tier 1 if you ask me.
Can we put Conor in tier 2 or should he be tier 3 with guys like Tony, Cruz, Holloway, Overeem etc.
Aldo is the Featherweight GOAT and you put him in Tier 2? Cruz is the Bantamweight GOAT and you put him in Tier 3?

The concept of tier lists aside, how you categorized these fighters is laughably bad.

At best, McGregor is the third best all-time Featherweight behind Holloway and Aldo, but he's not even top ten all-time at Lightweight. The issue with McGregor (and Cormier too) is that he split his time between divisions which prevents him from being the all-time great in either one of them. I don't engage in P4P discussions, I simply look at divisional GOATs.

Conor is currently #2 in GOAT list.

"The array of finishes, across 2 divisions, with champion status in 1, Anderson Silva is No.1 MMA GOAT," said McGregor.

McGregor, who has a 22-4 record in MMA, claims his "champion status" in two UFC divisions - featherweight and lightweight - is enough to secure him second place behind former middleweight champion Silva.

"My array of finishes, across 3 divisions, with champion status in 2, I'm No.2. If not tied one.

McGregor's top four is rounded out by former middleweight and welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and current light heavyweight belt-holder Jon Jones.

He added that had he taken into account failed drugs tests while determining his rankings, he would have installed himself at the top.

Silva and Jones have both tested positive for banned substances during their career.

"I didn't mention PED results on multiple entrants, even though that makes me the clear current No.1 MMA GOAT, along with still being active," said McGregor.

"Although it shames, as well as puts all runs and finishes in complete doubt, I've snored multiple juice heads. A true GOAT must do it all."

Source: https://www.bbc.com/sport/mixed-martial-arts/52784942

Cejudo in tier 2 hahaha

His top wins

-Robbed DJ
-Legit Marlon
-Old bum cruz
-Concentration camp TJ

Conor is currently #2 in GOAT list.

"The array of finishes, across 2 divisions, with champion status in 1, Anderson Silva is No.1 MMA GOAT," said McGregor.

McGregor, who has a 22-4 record in MMA, claims his "champion status" in two UFC divisions - featherweight and lightweight - is enough to secure him second place behind former middleweight champion Silva.

"My array of finishes, across 3 divisions, with champion status in 2, I'm No.2. If not tied one.

McGregor's top four is rounded out by former middleweight and welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and current light heavyweight belt-holder Jon Jones.

He added that had he taken into account failed drugs tests while determining his rankings, he would have installed himself at the top.

Silva and Jones have both tested positive for banned substances during their career.

"I didn't mention PED results on multiple entrants, even though that makes me the clear current No.1 MMA GOAT, along with still being active," said McGregor.

"Although it shames, as well as puts all runs and finishes in complete doubt, I've snored multiple juice heads. A true GOAT must do it all."

Source: https://www.bbc.com/sport/mixed-martial-arts/52784942
Source: Conor fellating himself.
Fact:
tenor.gif

I'd say tier 2, but it's a tough call since he got really inactive shortly after emerging as one of the top fighters of his era. Ultimately I'll give it to him since he has several effortless wins against great fighters and was the first two hold simultaneous ufc belts.

Back