Where do you see Anderson Silva signing?

DoubleA012

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Now that Anderson Silva has officially left the UFC, and it seems like he is still interested in fighting, where do you see him going?

Maybe he goes to Bellator and makes a run there, they have a weak middle weight division, he could potentially make a run there, but I'm not sure it doesn't feel like he will go there. Does he go to One hit the juice and fight there or maybe Rizin? Maybe. What about PFL? At first I would have thought this wasn't an option, but now that Werdum signed there, I wonder if Silva would think about it as well. Fourth option, I wonder if he joins the newly forming "Legends Only League" or whatever it is called. This is what Roy Jones & Mike Tyson are fighting under to some degree. Basically it seems like they want all sports involved and want to do a bunch of interesting "Dream" matches between legends. Could Silva vs Roy Jones happen, maybe boxing rules in an MMA Cage or something? Maybe they convince Chuck Liddell to take another pay day and fight Silva, who knows. Final option is he actually retires and doesn't fight again, I think this is the least likely.

tldr: Bellator, One, Rizin, PFL, Legends Only League or Retirement?

Last edited:
Bellator not gonna happen. It all comes down to money. Who is willing to shell out a few million? ONE would make sense but are they going to pay him that? Same with PFL.

PFL makes the most sense. Anderson would have to win the season tournament to win big money so it would make the most sense for them to sign him cause if he doesn't perform as well they wouldn't have to pay him as much. He's probably too expensive for everyone else that doesn't have the format PFL has.

One vs Vitor or Bare Knuckle.

We'll finally get to see the Silva vs Lombard super fight

You really think Anderson will agree to fight for pennies in PFL (barring a season victory)?

PFL makes the most sense. Anderson would have to win the season tournament to win big money so it would make the most sense for them to sign him cause if he doesn't perform as well they wouldn't have to pay him as much. He's probably too expensive for everyone else that doesn't have the format PFL has.
Tbh 1 mio for like 4 fights is very bad pay for someone like Anderson, even 500k per fight is kinda shitty

I see him fighting in Russia for oligarch money

At this point, who even would pay to watch a washed up Anderson?

I might be interested in Anderson vs Wanderlei, Vitor 2, Sexyama.

Let's see...
dreaming of reliving the long gone glory days
or
being able to remember your grandkids

gee, this is a hard choice.

Tbh 1 mio for like 4 fights is very bad pay for someone like Anderson, even 500k per fight is kinda shitty

I see him fighting in Russia for oligarch money
That is another option but I dont think most orgs would want to pay Anderson 500k a fight at this point in his career.

There is nowhere he can go aside from Bellator. The only promotion that can afford him aside from them is Rizin.

hopefully not bellator. they'd endup wasting it with like anderson vs rampage

Anderson Silva vs. Roy Jones Jr. after the upcoming Tyson fiasco.

Some money mark will pony up for that.

Last edited:
Fedor is the only super fight for him outside UFC right now. Would have liked to see Chael vs Anderson 3 for giggles but Chael has retired.

If not One, maybe pfl can use him on super fights? I don’t see him joining the gp formar like Werdum just did. Who knows...

I would be surprised if he actually went to PFL. I'm not sure if his body could potentially handle 5 fights in a year and I think he knows that. PFL also closed Middleweight, but I could see them reopening it because..... well it is Anderson Silva. I could maybe see them doing a one off fight of him vs Louis Taylor or something.

I think ONE or RIZIN will get him.

Back