Where do you rate prime Gomi on the all time lw list

Top 10...I'd have BJ, Khabib, Tony, Eddie, Benson ahead of him. So probably 6 ?

Ignore the troll replies. It was either him or BJ for a long time and too bad they didn’t have a rematch at least at one point.

LOL thanks for the laugh.
usa_today_10130124.1498363549.jpg

Lol still this angry eh little guy?

You'll forever be my bitch. Don't cry.

jon-jones-crying-over-titel-loss.gif

giphy.gif

Random side note, I WISH we could have seen Gomi vs Joachim Hansen; that was my dream fight of that era.

You mean a rematch between them in Pride or something? Hansen was the man who took Gomi's Shooto belt from him. People in here are definitely underrating Gomi, but MMA and grappling both tend to look down on the past just as boxing tends to romanticize it.

Top ten easily.

His run in the Pride tournament was truly amazing watching it live. Kawajiri and Sakurai were monsters back then and Gomi destroyed them both.

Middle to low. He overachieved with connecting his KO punch. Didn't seem really outstanding or well rounded.

Maybe top 5 but he never really fought at 155 with much success.

Gotta remember the dude also had 37 or 38 fights when he finally hit the UFC.

*31-5-1 just checked*

Him in 2004/2006 was a pretty bad ass LW.

Well, more than that, he was on the biggest slide of his career up until then when he went into the UFC. He had been taken the distance by Tony Hervey, been upset by Sergey Golyaev and submitted by Satoru Kitaoka.

You mean a rematch between them in Pride or something? Hansen was the man who took Gomi's Shooto belt from him. .

Yeah! I mean, i wouldn't want to sacrifice either the Kawajiri or Sakurai wins (or Sakurai's win over Hansen), but I would nut to see Gomi vs Hellboy at the time of Bushido 9.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back