Where do you rank Velasquez/Werdum Rematch on the list

NumeroUno

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Of most undeserved rematches ? Let's be honest he doesn't deserve this fight

Jones v. Sonnen is going to be nearly impossible to beat

I still want to see it more than I want to see Werdum vs Arlovski.

Randy "hand me a unearned title fight" couture lost 2 fights at LHW then got a HW Title shot against Big Timmmeh!!!

I dunno, but I think you should make yet another topic thread about it.

Opens door for Fedor vs Arlovsky title elimator.

Genius stuff for once.

Worst ever.

Cain was beaten everywhere the fight went and ultimately submitted. It wasn't a fluke, a lucky punch, split decision or robbery. He's being given the rematch simply because the UFC needs a star in Mexico. They are going to sell it as Cain not being ready for the altitude.

I guess that means from here on, everyone that fights in Mexico, Colorado or New Mexico is allowed instant rematches if they lose? Yeah, I bet not. You can also guarantee that if Cain somehow wins that Werdum won't be given the luxury of a rematch. It's politics and business.

Last edited:
This is so bullshit. Stipe/JDS/avorloski? Oh No lets just give the guy who got rekt after a two year layoff a title shot cause he has really worked hard for it since he lost -.-. Ufc wants Cain to be champ so bad, man I hope he gets owned again so he can actually get some different fights

This is so bullshit. Stipe/JDS/avorloski? Oh No lets just give the guy who got rekt after a two year layoff a title shot cause he has really worked hard for it since he lost -.-. Ufc wants Cain to be champ so bad, man I hope he gets owned again so he can actually get some different fights

Exactly !! At least let him win one more

still best hw fight out there to me. elevation did play a factor.

You mean the same elevation they were both at and knew about months in advance? Cool.

Cain shouldn't get a rematch for being arrogant and not training there sooner.

Not a rematch, but Diaz vs GSP tops my list of undeserved title shots, ever.
We are all bored of Cain fighting the same guys over and over again. I hope the UFC change their mind and give Werdum a different opponent.

I want to see Werdum vs. the version of Cain who hasn't stupidly underestimated the effect of elevation/ a super long layoff.

Then we'll know who the best HW on earth is. I don't mind this rematch.

They're trying to make like Altitude played a big part in his loss....

Doesn't matter!! Werdum trains at high altitude so if he fights at sea level, he'll be even more invincible. Put that same Werdum in a fight with Cain at Sea Level and not only will Cain have his Normal cardio.... Werdum will have invincible cardio for training at High altitude fighting at Sea Level.

People dont understand that if someone can have a good performance at high altitude... He'll have an even better performance at sea level.

Last edited:
most undeserved rematch ever. wth is this crap?

Theres perhaps some more deserved fights out there....but I'm still going to watch. Its still a great fight.

I don't like it I want JDS Vs Werdoom.

Another Cain rematch I hope he does not get hurt again and do this fight at Sea Level, I have the feeling the Werdoom will blast him more and give him a real beating this time.

Gustafsson getting a title shot after getting demolished in one round is pretty bad too.
Cain vs Werdum , make no sense.
Cain only fighting 3 guys in a span of 5 years its ridiculous
Ban immediate rematch
Ban title shot to someone who got ktfo

Back