Where do you rank Lennox Lewis among all time HWs?

What makes you think that? Do you have an insight on the training regime of every fighter in history?
Its called an impression and there arent that many elite HW in history so you dont need to know "every fighter" Einstein. I meant it compared to other hw .

In general Roberto Duran ist also an exceptional example of training dedication.

I know of quite some training regimes of goat fighters and Marciano seems to be at the absolute top. He also was quite the tactician with great skills.

Its called an impression and there arent that many elite HW in history so you dont need to know "every fighter" Einstein. I meant it compared to other hw .

In general Roberto Duran ist also an exceptional example of training dedication.

I know of quite some training regimes of goat fighters and Marciano seems to be at the absolute top. He also was quite the tactician with great skills.
He might not have been the most mobile fighter but people should not sleep on his skills and ability to goad people into his punching range with his deceptive croach.
Another poster who really appreciates Marciano skills is @eternaldarkness

He might not have been the most mobile fighter but people should not sleep on his skills and ability to goad people into his punching range with his deceptive croach.
Another poster who really appreciates Marciano skills is @eternaldarkness
it is hard not to like the guy, undersized, short reach and not exactly the quickest fighter around, but he was an absolute destroyer. i have learnt more watching marciano than any other fighter, my right hand has improved heaps since i learnt to step forward and to the right as i parry the jab. i used to have range problems with the right cross, i would land the jab but not close the range down enough to effectively land the right.

top 3-5. if names were everything he’d have the best resumé of all time. beat every man he ever faced and his record is loaded with hall of famers but his 2 losses are bad ones and he didn’t really ever beat anyone great in their prime.

@eternaldarkness

The Rock was responsible for 13 permanent retirements...savage fighter....take no prisoners...great work ethic...hurt you no matter where he hit you....broke bones and blood vessels...almost killed Carmine Vingo...Vingo never fought again....sheared Rex Layne teeth off at the nubs...gave Lee Savold the worst beating of his career...behind on all score cards against JJW...floored for the 1st time in his career...cut...blinded for 3 rounds..comes out for the 13th round...throws the best right hand ever...and wins the title! In the 2nd fight with Ezzard Charles in Sept. 1954...has his nose split open down to the BONE in the 6th round....can't stop the bleeding...they give him one more round...he storms out...KO's Charles...and keeps the title! Had no business being the champ...5'10..189 pounds...short arms...thick legs...started at 24 years of age. Trained like nobody before or since. Best conditioned fighter of all time. Great power...heart....stamina.....chin .high work rate....refused to lose...never stopped coming..."kill or be killed" attitude...beat everyone they put in front of him. Champ from 1952 to 1956...49-0 43 KO's ...died in a plane crash on Aug.31, 1969...the day before his 46th birthday. Put him in the ring with anyone!!!

Jim Cushman

Back