Where do you rank Lennox Lewis among all time HWs?

In prime ability I rank him in the top 10 all time, but I also rank the vitali there, and people seem to think that's outrageous. I agree seeing Tyson ranked above him is stupid; but it's Tyson so you expect him to either be ranked absurdly high or absurdly low.

Top 10 for sure, it would be very hard to argue otherwise. Probably around no 7, but I won't bother making a list as I would probably forget someone/keep chopping and changing the order.

Top 5.

Ali, Louis, and Holmes will always be ahead of him though. The rest can be shuffled.

I think a top 5 spot is fair. In his tenure, he was one of if not the best out there.

A 45 year old George Foreman won the heavyweight title during Lewis' generation.

Please.

Foreman winning the title at 45 was something, but he didn't fight anyone at all in his comeback at least not anyone that compares to the resume of Lewis.

in terms of pound4pound HW he can beat any top heavyweight in his prime, accomplishments wise around top 5 i guess, the old timers have far to many fights

Lennox fought Tyson WAYYYYYYYYYYYY below his best

He was also unimpressive in other fights like Tua.

If you look at the youtube he certainly wasn't fat and out of shape against Klitscko.

Great fighter but not top 5 ..........gets in the top 10

tyson ducked him in the 90s fool! and lewis spar with tyson when they were amatuers after the first round tyson got beat up! do your research!

LL was TKO by MCCall in 1994

Lewis out of all the HW champs had the weakest chin and was lucky he was so tall to use his arm reach to win

I still consider him top 10 but no way top 5

Lewis was scared of getting KO by Tua and if LL was smaller he would of been KO'd a few times

What a ridiculous reply, Yeah and if Ali was slower he would have lost more!!!

LL was TKO by MCCall in 1994

Lewis out of all the HW champs had the weakest chin and was lucky he was so tall to use his arm reach to win

I still consider him top 10 but no way top 5

Lewis was scared of getting KO by Tua and if LL was smaller he would of been KO'd a few times

you are rediculous! when Lennox lewis has focus nobody beats him, he got hit by prime tua and wasnt hurt! Vitali cant KO lewis when vitali KOs everybody! and if you're not so stupid Lennox avenged every loss he has, he is one of the few fighters who have beaten everyone they have faced(only tunney and marciano in the HWs). Tyson ducked him in the 90s do your research! Lennox always wanted to fight the best he didnt waste his time fighting chris pitty pat byrd but went for a match with vladimir who seems indestructible that time but lost so he fought vitali instead. And he was 37 at that time way past his prime and still vitali claims lennox is the BEST he has ever fought!

Lewis got KNOCKED OUT by a nobody in Rahman......hahahaha

Imagine what a prime Tyson would of done to Lewis........wake me up in 2020AD

Lewis was SCARED of TUA and fought a cowardly fight .....his long arms was the only thing that saved him

Lewis is NOT top 5

Lewis reigned at a time when there were not many great HW's

Do you not remember Tyson paying 5 million to Lewis to not have to fight him, so he could fight and lose to Holyfield instead. Rahman > Buster Douglas. The 2 fights Lewis lost he didn't take seriously enough, then he returned and crushed them. Tyson has 6 un-avenged loses. Lewis fought and beat a better group of opposition then any other fighter since Ali. You probably have Ibeabuchi rounding out your top ten atg.

Do you not remember Tyson paying 5 million to Lewis to not have to fight him, so he could fight and lose to Holyfield instead. Rahman > Buster Douglas. The 2 fights Lewis lost he didn't take seriously enough, then he returned and crushed them. Tyson has 6 un-avenged loses. Lewis fought and beat a better group of opposition then any other fighter since Ali. You probably have Ibeabuchi rounding out your top ten atg.

I don't remember that but it was still Iron-Mike past his prime.

Come to think of it. Lewis fought Real Deal waaayyy after his prime, too.

What quality fighter did Lenox beat in his prime? Frank Bruno?

No, Bowe would have gotten his butt kicked just like Lennox done him in the Olympics. Ducking Lennox was a wise more for Bowe.
[YT]-z7wFR8dJYg[/YT]
See just a butt whipping.

Mark Coleman beat Randy Couture in an amateur match, too. Just sayin'.

Bowe is the one good HW who can claim Lewis didn't fight him but he'd have to admit he didn't want that fight.

Bowe was chasing a fight with a jailed Tyson.

Lewis got KNOCKED OUT by a nobody in Rahman......hahahaha

Imagine what a prime Tyson would of done to Lewis........wake me up in 2020AD

Lewis was SCARED of TUA and fought a cowardly fight .....his long arms was the only thing that saved him

Lewis is NOT top 5

Lewis reigned at a time when there were not many great HW's

An out of shape Lewis did get ko'd by Rahman. To be honest sh1t happens if Lewis was in shape and the same punch landed he probably would of been knocked out anyway. The fact is when he turned up for the rematch he ripped Rahman a new arsehole. An in-shape Lewis would beat Rahman 98% of the time.

Your argument is weak a prime tyson would have ko lewis that night as well. But a prime lewis would have iced tyson the night he boxed Buster. I'd take a prime lewis over a prime tyson any day of the week. With the Tua fight he boxed to his advantage. The same way floyd boxes dangerous fighters rather then risk a lucky shot.

stupid stupid stupid comparison, thats wrestling then randy beat mark in mma, this is boxing then boxing.

Must be about time for Coutures title shot.:icon_lol:

Bowe is the one good HW who can claim Lewis didn't fight him but he'd have to admit he didn't want that fight.

Bowe was chasing a fight with a jailed Tyson.

I do, I said that in my first post but to say his loss in the Olympics would translate to a professional defeat, what 7 years later? is unsound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back