where do you place riddick bowe in your all time rankings?

he was a really good inside fighter for his size, and ducking LL was a mistake. they wanted to take some easy fights an make some money instead of going straight for LL, which i guess maes some sense money wise, but it really hurt his legacy.

At his peak, he is a tough fight for anyone in the history of the division and he holds 2 wins (some argue 3) over a prime Evander Holyfield. I'd rate him over the likes of Vitali and maybe Wlad (Wlad maybe should be ahead of him). The Lewis situation was as much about greed and him not wanting to work with Don King or Sulaiman and the WBC as it was about ducking Lewis. Of course, it should be recognized that it was on him (and his scumbag of a promoter) that he didn't fight Lewis but it wasn't down to cowardice. At least that's how I see it. He is tough to rate all time.

At his peak, he is a tough fight for anyone in the history of the division and he holds 2 wins (some argue 3) over a prime Evander Holyfield. I'd rate him over the likes of Vitali and maybe Wlad (Wlad maybe should be ahead of him). The Lewis situation was as much about greed and him not wanting to work with Don King or Sulaiman and the WBC as it was about ducking Lewis. Of course, it should be recognized that it was on him (and his scumbag of a promoter) that he didn't fight Lewis but it wasn't down to cowardice. At least that's how I see it. He is tough to rate all time.

Ducking Lewis to go after the likes of Bert Cooper and Jesse Ferguson will always tarnish his career...not to mention the ass kickings Golota gave him.

at his apex, he was a great fighter but in terms of being an ATG...I wouldn't have him in the top 50.

You dump your belt in the trash to duck top dog?

Ducking Lewis to go after the likes of Bert Cooper and Jesse Ferguson will always tarnish his career...not to mention the ass kickings Golota gave him.

at his apex, he was a great fighter but in terms of being an ATG...I wouldn't have him in the top 50.

At HW? Also, he fought Cooper way before Lewis was an option. His resume does outstrip the likes of Vitali Klitschko, quite easily.

At HW? Also, he fought Cooper way before Lewis was an option. His resume does outstrip the likes of Vitali Klitschko, quite easily.

I have Vitali above Bowe...

Bowe's best performance was against the Fresh Prince...

does anyone remember that cameo?

I have Vitali above Bowe...

Bowe's best performance was against the Fresh Prince...

does anyone remember that cameo?

How? Who is Vitali's best win? Herbie Hide? Bowe beat him, too. Solis in a freak accident? Sanders off more than a year of inactivity? Vitali's name is built mostly off of his brother, his loss to Lewis and his head to head ability. Bowe's resume is built off Holyfield and head to head ability.

Vitali has fought a lot of quality guys.

Certainly Chris Arreola at least equals Herbie Hide.

Vitali has fought a lot of quality guys.

Certainly Chris Arreola at least equals Herbie Hide.

He really hasn't. I've never thought much of Arreola. I think Chisora is a better win. Wladimir certainly has the better wins, I think.

Back