Where do do rank Robbie all time at WW

locust rising

The mirror collapses but the image does not
@Black
Reaction score
His title run was definitely exciting, and he did well to keep the WW division relevant after GSP's retirement.

Now that the title run is over where do you rank him all time in WW?

He didn't surpass Hughes or GSP, and I personally have him behind shields as well, but I think there can be some logical arguments that put him past shields. I also think he's ahead of condit, who I think is an all time top WW.

So I guess, unless I'm forgetting someone then I got him at #4. Not bad for a guy in the game for so long and hit his championship stride late in his career.

Where do y'all rank him?

Can't be bothered doing any heavy research to give you an educated exact number, but definitely top 5 off the top of the dome.

I'd put him at 4th place

1. GSP
2. Hughes
3. Miletich
4. Lawler

Kind of funny how MFS makes up the top 5 greatest WW of all time

GSP
Hughes
Shields
Lawler
Hendricks
Condit
Diaz
Miletich

Woodley and Wonderby TBD

I rank him #1 in excitement. He was the most exciting WW champ of all time. Georige had more defenses obviously, but most of them were boring as hell

Well, GSP and Hughes are obviously the top 2...

Then you've got Lawler, Shields, Condit, and Hendricks etc. who you can kind of throw together in whatever order

I have to say though... I would probably put Shields 3rd... until Condit actually holds the belt, I have to put Lawler ahead of him despite the fact that I think Lawler lost. Hendricks I may actually ranked beneath Condit due to his short prime (it would seem) and close fights...

20151047.jpg

Jose "Pele" Landi Jons- can't forget about him in any discussion of all time great WWs

Top 5, 4 is pretty deserving..maybe even tied at 3 with Shields.

I put Robbie behind Condit and Shields. Even though Condit had a rough run lately frankly Robbie "Robbery" Lawler should have lost his last 3 fights before getting smashed by Woodley, and should have lost against Condit.

Robbie was always mediocre and his title run only proved it. Dude was gifted decisions and barely held on in all of those fights.

yup. i have them close though.

So a guy who barely won the belt and barely defended it twice, is better than the guy who dominated the weight class for 3 years and decisively destroyed all his challengers in that time? Then proceeded to retake the belt, defend it dominantly and avenge his loss definitively?

Boy, you got to learn perspective in this sport.

I think he was the p4p scariest champ ever.

Back