Where did Conor learn how to strike? The Karate stance etc.

I'm pretty sure his base is boxing. he uses the boxing stance for when you are at a distance most of the time. But he has picked up some other techniques along the years.

Edit: there are two boxing stances. At a distance stance where you have your legs far apart to allow for movement (what Conor mostly uses) and the close distance stance where you square up and bring your legs closer to make your hooks and uppercuts more powerful but sacrifice movement.

Wth are you smoking, that wide stance is not boxing stance. lol

this man

PpePlsF.gif
Its going to be worth the attacks I get for "not knowing", but thats not his real hair, right? I have to know

oddly enough i think the only fights he's actually bounced around like a karate guy was the aldo fight, a bit in the brimage fight, and and a bit in the floyd fight.

weird thing about conor is he's fought differently in like almost every single UFC fight.

Conor was and still is a karate stylist. ... his base discipline and the reason he is so effective is his pinpoint accuracy and distance control both which he learned from karate.

Yes, but the question is where he got that from. There is no mention or bio where it says "he trained karate X number of years, achieving such-and-such belt", or mention that he brought a karate master into his training camps.

Basically, most of us believe that he picked up a karate influence but it isn't clear where he got it from.

Its going to be worth the attacks I get for "not knowing", but thats not his real hair, right? I have to know
nah, definitely a hair transplant. one of the most obvious ones of all time.

1988-3.jpg

BVPe4ZC.jpg

Funny Conor striking fact: Prior to the Diaz fight, he has criticized Muay Thai (clearly never having sparred, or even watched a truly elite Thai boxer work) ex:

In the Diaz fight, he realised how useless his kicks were, and how his inefficient movement, over-reliance on the left hand had set him up for failure.

In the rematch, the basic low kick won him the fight. Of course, he made other improvements as well: greater economy of movement and a more diverse boxing arsenal being the main ones. But take all those low kicks away, and Conor would have lost. No way he beats Diaz with his hands alone.

Low kicks are not exclusive to Muay Thai

Low kicks are not exclusive to Muay Thai

Sure. Grasping at straws. Who in Conor's camp has a better low kick than Cowley? And who did he bring in to prepare for the rematch?

Is it even a stance?

It's shit for the neckbeards.

From :eek::eek::eek:s R Us, which coincidentally is now out of business, just like Canner after he gets punked.

Sure. Grasping at straws. Who in Conor's camp has a better low kick than Cowley? And who did he bring in to prepare for the rematch?

lol you are the one who is trying to insinuate Conor trained Muay Thai. It's more accurate just to say he started incorporating more leg kicks.

Wth are you smoking, that wide stance is not boxing stance. lol
that's not his normal stance; and not when he lands his cross. It's a bad idea every time he does it. At best he misses; when he lands his cross it's from a boxing stance.

Here's a tweet from the man himself:

Conor the Karate man with the LUNGE PUNCH:

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

I always thought Conor was extra impressive because he came from a gym of nobodies.

Back