Where are they now? Justin is the most dangerous fight for Khabib...

Cant really blame people too much here. On paper Gaethje was the one who could have posed real problems. And there were things leading to the fight where it felt like a big upset was brewing.

TBH sherdog was actually pretty good here. Most people were picking Khabib. There was a 7 part prediction video from pro fighters and I would say 70%+ were picking Gaethje (mostly American fighters). I think sherdog polls were 70%+ in Khabib's favor.

Sherdog did better than the pros.

Nothing wrong with thinking Justin had a chance. I certainly think he did

Justin represents so many problems including D1 wrestling and he has KO powers in his hands and Khabib never faced a fighter as dangerous as him!!!!!! Where are u hiding?????
9d841cc5-f20a-4f85-afb5-4e6d015abeb5.jpg

<{outtahere}><GOT2>
Who's hiding? All the things you said are true and I said them myself prefight, (though I also always stated Khabib would still get his hand raised at the end), but nobody could have seen the Khabib we saw that night coming, that was an unbelievable performance and the result would have been the same, if not worse, for anyone they put in front of him.

Let's see your prefight breakdown instead of this post with the benefit of hindsight..... If you actually broke it down the way it ended up going I'll be impressed but I'm willing to bet your "analysis" probably boiled down to something along the lines of "Khabib smashes him"

But now, for some bizarre reason, you are calling out people who actually took the time to provide an analysis of the matchup based on the information available at the time with the benefit of hindsight several weeks after the fight.

Prove me wrong dude..... But again, for the record, Khabib was phenomenal that night and looked unstoppable with his relentless pace, pressure and fearlessness, fucking incredible performance.

I never really thought much of his wrestling. On paper it was good but if you look at his fights in the UFC he didn't fight a wrestler. Eddie was the only one with a wrestling background and he got him to the ground briefly without really trying. The thing that surprised me is how easily Khabib could control him. He seemed to have the easiest time from the top with Gaethje than anyone he's faced but that could be because of his motivation of his father passing.

I still think Gaethje matches up better with Khabib than most LWs due, he's just so much better overall than everyone at LW that it didn't matter. It would have been interesting to see Khabib vs Chandler though Chandler is past his prime I think he matches up better with Khabib than most LWs do as well, doesn't mean he would win though.

I picked khabib to win but after the Ferguson fight I thought JG was going to give him problems.i thought he did ok in the 1st but khabib showed he was on another level.

Goes to show styles make fights. Justin looked amazing against Tony whose strategy of eating punches until his opponent tires out didn’t work. Then Justin, who has nothing in the BJJ department, looked like a white belt against Khabib.

Tony would have been a more interesting fight for Khabib than Justin. Khabib isn’t going to KO him on the feet like Justin and Tony would have offered more resistance from the bottom. Still would pick Khabib to win though as Tony’s TDD is terrible.

It wasn't an absolutely terrible take saying Justin would be Khabib's toughest test. He arguably was, on paper.
Beebs is just that good. THAT good.

Here. It looked good on paper. But, paper tiger. Gaethje's grappling looked like Askren's stand-up. Maybe similar training regimen, respectively.

So who would be Khabib's toughest test? Well Alvarez has shown grappling, ability to get up and good power in his punches. In UFC LW? Maybe it is Tony. Maybe it is Chandler.

Who's hiding? All the things you said are true and I said them myself prefight, (though I also always stated Khabib would still get his hand raised at the end), but nobody could have seen the Khabib we saw that night coming, that was an unbelievable performance and the result would have been the same, if not worse, for anyone they put in front of him.

Let's see your prefight breakdown instead of this post with the benefit of hindsight..... If you actually broke it down the way it ended up going I'll be impressed but I'm willing to bet your "analysis" probably boiled down to something along the lines of "Khabib smashes him"

But now, for some bizarre reason, you are calling out people who actually took the time to provide an analysis of the matchup based on the information available at the time with the benefit of hindsight several weeks after the fight.

Prove me wrong dude..... But again, for the record, Khabib was phenomenal that night and looked unstoppable with his relentless pace, pressure and fearlessness, fucking incredible performance.
I made numerous threads how easily it’s going to be in striking and for every kick an opportunity to take Justin down and sub him! I also said the guy who got finished by Eddie is not the one to beat Khabib!

khabib is dat good and the scary thing is his skill ceiling is unknown because his can still improve his standup a lot. so even with that glaring hole in his game he is still miles better than anyone at lw and he still hasnt shown the extent of his ground game because nobody has been able to put him on his back.

Tony or GSP are his hardest matchups. But out of who he fought Justin is probably the best.

Lol I picked Gaethje to win. Derp.

Here. It looked good on paper. But, paper tiger. Gaethje's grappling looked like Askren's stand-up. Maybe similar training regimen, respectively.

So who would be Khabib's toughest test? Well Alvarez has shown grappling, ability to get up and good power in his punches. In UFC LW? Maybe it is Tony. Maybe it is Chandler.
Much respect to u brother

Reactions: MCS
I thought it would be his toughest fight but i was wrong :/
I thought Justin would have amazing takedown defence after hearing so much about his wrestling and him in the podcast with joe rogan . Maby he does , i dont know . Felt like a grown man against a kid in that department in the fight . Khabib is a incredible fighter , so hats of to him .
His toughest fights have been Connor and Tibau i guess . To bad we never saw tony vs Khabib

I mean, as a Khabib fan, you can still think objectively.

No one else in the division had Gaethje's wrestling chops/TDD and combination of KO power. He was definitely Khabib's hardest fight in the division from a stylistic standpoint. Khabib is just that insanely good that it didn't matter.

It's very hard to beat Khabib. It's almost impossible. He is a cardiomachine, has an iron chin, high fight IQ and can take everyone down whenever he wants.
Only a perfect flying knee, at the right time and right spot can do it. That chance is almost zero.

Back