Where are these new “UFC” fans coming from?

I figure a few of em are probably Russian and China convicts on their pc's all day promoting and shilling. They went from mining wow gold to working for the UFC. Since the election is over they kinda need a new job now... xD

Your definitely right about that, I’m not saying I don’t enjoy watching the unknown fighters rise. A PPV just isn’t the place to have two fighters ranked less than #15 with like 2 fights fight in the UFC. They killed TUF over the years which is how most of their stars were originally made.
I agree, of course. Quite a few PPV cards have been rather watered - down.

Hi, i'm a new user on sherdog, this account was made less than a month ago but i knew about this website for a year now. I like the way it displays the fighters records, everything is there and clickable, and i wanted to participate in conversations so i made an account.
The forum topics are interesting, like this one.
I've been a UFC fan since UFC 228: Woodley vs. Till (2018). I remember watching a highlight of Till on youtube.
I haven't missed an event ever since.

I'm from Argentina, South America.

I agree, of course. Quite a few PPV cards have been rather watered - down.
Yeah their marketing is interesting to say the least. They don’t market their fighters but expect them to market themselves, while not allowing them to have individual sponsors. Their tactics have honestly hindered the sport. Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz were known just by their fight shorts because they were so iconic. Insane how they took away key marketing points from fighters.

Hi, i'm a new user on sherdog, this account was made less than a month ago but i knew about this website for a year now. I like the way it displays the fighters records, everything is there and clickable, and i wanted to participate in conversations so i made an account.
The forum topics are interesting, like this one.
I've been a UFC fan since UFC 228: Woodley vs. Till (2018). I remember watching a highlight of Till on youtube.
I haven't missed an event ever since.

I'm from Argentina, South America.
That’s awesome man glad to hear it from a newer fan of the sport. We all lurked on here before actually posting. Interesting that that was the fight that brought you in.

Been on these forums a long time. We have all seen waves of new fans come along, some which post on here. Conor arguably brought the most new fans to the UFC (Just the UFC not MMA). Lately I’ve seen a lot of odd threads/comments from new users. So my question is...

Where are they coming from and who’s bringing them in?

Is it because of khabib?

Airing fights to a more casual market (ESPN)?

Social media?

Discuss...

Mike Perry...the special olympics crowd.

fqMghpO.gif

The only answer...
Truly an ugly rape face

It’s the hot dog branders bud.

in all seriousness I think a lot of them came from ufc being one of the only sports running during covid. Especially how quickly it got back. But I personally have observed a massive increase.

I think the COVID situation had a lot to deal with it, when it came back there was only horse racing and UFC on.

I recall in the first fight on the comeback card (whoever it was) the commentators said it had 10 times the usual amount wagered on an opening bout. Would be interesting to see how betting has increased overall this year.

Back