Where are the Shane Carwins of the world?

I GUARANTEE YOU ARE A SMALL MAN WHO IS SHORT IN STATURE, GUARANTEE!

So many butt hurt insecure white belts who train a little bjj and do a little muay thai at their neighborhood "ufc gym" and just desperately want to believe their hilarious skill (or lack thereof) will beat some big strong guy. You're WRONG, you are stone cold WRONG! Any big strong guy would rock you. SKill means nothing if the guy you are facing is much stronger than you.

YOU CLOWN

What a fucking idiot you sound.

LOL @ all the NFL talk. The guys TS was talking about are all gigantic former college wrestling champions.

A lot of them just came and left. Brock Lesnar, Shane Carwin, Cole Konrad etc.

Other guys with that background just haven't panned out the same. IE, Jared Rosholt.

They're all playing sports that actually pay a living wage. Just look at the NFL, most of those guys make more in one game then a UFC fighter does in years.
The 'living wage' part is silly but this is the truth. If you're a natural heavyweight with freak athleticism you're probably in the NFL.

LOL @ all the NFL talk. The guys TS was talking about are all gigantic former college wrestling champions.

A lot of them just came and left. Brock Lesnar, Shane Carwin, Cole Konrad etc.

Other guys with that background just haven't panned out the same. IE, Jared Rosholt.
Look at the cross-section of collegiate/high school wrestlers and NFL players.

http://www.sectiononewrestling.com/documents/nfl_players_wrestled.html

A ton of big athletic guys did both in high school and then transitioned to either football or wrestling in college. Highly ranked wrestlers out of college have basically three choices: professional wrestling, MMA or NFL. Pro wrestling is an awful choice, MMA gives shit pay, NFL is much better.

Those big men with no MMA experience don't reach the UFC anymore.

You know why?

Because skill trumps power.

(Disclaimer: I am NOT saying Carwin and Brock do not have skill)

Do you really know why..?

Because you can make more money in pro wrassling and football than you can do mma

LOL

240lb trained fighter >>>> 300 lb non trained man any day of the week. Your argument may stand when comparing 300 lb man to 150 lb LW fighter.

I just got my blue belt, 5'10, 165-170. We have had 2 new guys younger than me come to our school recently, both 6'1 240-260(& 6 years younger than me) After 3 months of training we have good spirited matches but i win 3/4 of the time and that is with me not using any leglocks and me not blasting them on the takedowns.
That said, my last grappling tournament(submission only no points) my age / weight class had no participants so i moved down and faced a guy 10 years younger and 6ft5 260 who was also a blue belt with a years experience on me. I lasted 2 1/2 minutes, never had him in any sort of danger, and when he RNC me he readjusted my spine.

Carwin is way overrated in power. He only fought 4 name guys in his entire career and lost to 2 of them. The only name guys he KO'd were Gonzaga (who is just a 1 hit wonder himself) and Mir, both guys known for having weak chins and no heart. People act like he KO'd Prime Nog or Dan Henderson. Not to mention he only has about 3 or 4 minutes in him before he gasses out.

I'll say it again, theres a reason why long term heavyweight champs look like fedor, cain, jds, and mike tyson who is only 5'10. overeem is considered a big guy and has been fighting a long time but do you honestly think he will be a long term ufc champ? funny thing is mike tyson challanged bob sapp to a fight and bobb sapp wimped out.

if i had to guess i'd say probably in the NFL. examples JJ Watt, Javedon Clowney, Ndamakin Sou, Kyle Williams, Mario Williams, Lamar Woodley, Terrell Suggs, Lawerence Timmons, Adrian Clayborn, Rob Gronkowski, Jerod Mayo, i could keep going for another 100 guys at least probably.

It's hard to say, Wes Shivers had more of an NFL career than Schaub.
It wouldn't surprise me if the best fighter in the NFL is a mid tier player.

Title says it all. Where are the big men who can have devastating power and can knock you out with a flinch or a 6 inch punch like Carwin did. I wanted to include Brock in the title as well but feared I would get flamed but he is the same size as well. Like it or not these big men came with little to no MMA experience and destroyed. Imagine if these guys were brought up on MMA, how good could they have gotten? When will see another Shane Carwin? Or are big men a thing of the past? Even though Carwin lost to JDS, I think he had a better chance at beating Cain seeing as one punch could be lights out for Cain and we all know JDS can out foot work Carwin and take any punch he can give.

shane_carwin.jpg

Brock-Lesnar-Wallpaper-For-Facebook-Cover7.jpg

In the lab, but they aren't complete yet.

when your built for fighting you just know it, most big guys like failed college football players, or nfl players who are benched and only play 3 games their whole nfl career stray away from combat sports cause they know its something they can't do. cain knew he can fight, fedor knew he can fight that's why they do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back