Where are the Shane Carwins of the world?

Those big men with no MMA experience don't reach the UFC anymore.

You know why?

Because skill trumps power.

(Disclaimer: I am NOT saying Carwin and Brock do not have skill)

I GUARANTEE YOU ARE A SMALL MAN WHO IS SHORT IN STATURE, GUARANTEE!

So many butt hurt insecure white belts who train a little bjj and do a little muay thai at their neighborhood "ufc gym" and just desperately want to believe their hilarious skill (or lack thereof) will beat some big strong guy. You're WRONG, you are stone cold WRONG! Any big strong guy would rock you. SKill means nothing if the guy you are facing is much stronger than you.

YOU CLOWN

Is this a roundabout way of asking where UberTS is?

The million dollar question, that will never be answered. I wonder why he hasn't came back seeing as he would be a celebrity around here lol.

So many butt hurt insecure white belts who train a little bjj and do a little muay thai at their neighborhood "ufc gym" and just desperately want to believe their hilarious skill (or lack thereof) will beat some big strong guy. You're WRONG, you are stone cold WRONG! Any big strong guy would rock you. SKill means nothing if the guy you are facing is much stronger than you.

YOU CLOWN

im not a small man and you are 100% wrong

big man + no training vs smaller man + good, formal training = sleeping big man

dono but always rooted for carwin
dude had a talent for smashing skulls

The true A-level HWs can't make the 265 cap.

Just think of how badly Shaq would dunk on the division if there was no weight cap.

Big men can't afford to pay for groceries on the coolie wages the UFC pays

YOU CLOWN

Cain says different.

YOU CLOWN

url.gif

i guarantee you are a small man who is short in stature, guarantee!

So many butt hurt insecure white belts who train a little bjj and do a little muay thai at their neighborhood "ufc gym" and just desperately want to believe their hilarious skill (or lack thereof) will beat some big strong guy. You're wrong, you are stone cold wrong! Any big strong guy would rock you. Skill means nothing if the guy you are facing is much stronger than you.

You clown

i guarantee you are a big for nothing man with no skills or training, guarantee!!!

YOU CLOWN

LOL

240lb trained fighter >>>> 300 lb non trained man any day of the week. Your argument may stand when comparing 300 lb man to 150 lb LW fighter.

This just reminds me of how much I miss Carwin, was a lot of fun to watch and should've been UFC champion.

They're all playing sports that actually pay a living wage. Just look at the NFL, most of those guys make more in one game then a UFC fighter does in years.

^this

And wasn't he an Engineer? Maybe all the tough guys of the world are off making the world a better place

Your argument may stand when comparing 300 lb man to 150 lb LW fighter.

funny thing is? it doesnt.

a LW with years of training will destroy any man ON THE PLANET who has not had any training.

That style of fighter for the HW div still exists, but is not top tier anymore.
It's all about the smaller, faster, more technical guys with enough power to put u away.

Take any HW & u can turn them into a Carwin with enough juice & horse meat, but those 'size/strength over speed/skill' type HW's don't cut it at the very top & become champ/interim champ anymore (ask Alistair)

Skill/talent wise, the HW div has become allot stronger since back in the days when Brock became champ.

None of you understand; and never will. Guys like Brock and Carwin have zero training compared to the guys they flatten. I'm talking about guys like Brock who are so gifted that their learning curve is second to none. You give a genetic freak a year or two of training and he is molly whopping guys like noguiera and big foot who have been training FOREVER! I'm not talking about the average guy who works at the post office and happens to weigh 250, i'm saying THE A LEVEL ATHLETE, the guy who can jump 36 inches, run a 4.5 40 yard dash, bench press 405 and naturally athletic. You train him on sub defense and stand up and in one year he will beat the ever loving crap out of any other 250 pound guy who has all the skill but not the physical prowess. It's why Brock and Shane destroyed everyone, they came in and bullied people. It's why Brock was UFC champion in a year and a half and then why so many guys train their whole life and never even get into the UFC.

YOU CLOWN

Next thing you know you'll try to sell me that Bob Sapp could beat world champion kickboxers based on bigness...:(

Big men can't afford to pay for groceries on the coolie wages the UFC pays

This. Tell Dana & co. to stop paying peanuts and maybe they can coax some of these guys away from other pro sports. Hell, coaxing them away from boxing would be a start.

None of you understand; and never will. Guys like Brock and Carwin have zero training compared to the guys they flatten. I'm talking about guys like Brock who are so gifted that their learning curve is second to none. You give a genetic freak a year or two of training and he is molly whopping guys like noguiera and big foot who have been training FOREVER! I'm not talking about the average guy who works at the post office and happens to weigh 250, i'm saying THE A LEVEL ATHLETE, the guy who can jump 36 inches, run a 4.5 40 yard dash, bench press 405 and naturally athletic. You train him on sub defense and stand up and in one year he will beat the ever loving crap out of any other 250 pound guy who has all the skill but not the physical prowess. It's why Brock and Shane destroyed everyone, they came in and bullied people. It's why Brock was UFC champion in a year and a half and then why so many guys train their whole life and never even get into the UFC.

Did u forgot to mention the current reigning HW champ who only had 2 pro fights prior to entering the UFC (almost identical to Brock's) who is also the 'A Level Athlete' & 'genetic freak'
However, the point of the thread I'm assuming has to do with 'Carwins' as in big dudes, big power, good chin, small gas tank, less technical, etc
We already saw how the 2 styles played out, technique vs horsepower (Cain/Brock or JDS/Carwin)
The game @ HW has changed leaps & bounds since 2008-2010, where u can't rely on size/strength & beat a smaller/older man to become champ

Back