Where are all the UFC is dying - guys?

Nope, she is the biggest hype job
Oh wait... Because you star in some B class movies because you're friends with a lead character that must make you star
Yeah, she is popular but let's not pretend she is a huge ppv star when we can't find or know the real figures

Oh wait, are we going to go by the Google searches and trends on twitter, must mean that they all actually ordered the PPV, right?

Stop being in denial. If people are saying her ppv is bigger than 189, even with all the money ufc put into 189, gotta mean sometime.

They're on a union mandated coffee break. They'll be back soon enough.

Stop being in denial. If people are saying her ppv is bigger than 189, even with all the money ufc put into 189, gotta mean sometime.

Yeah, it does mean something

Cash in on the hype, when you have x amount of searches and people are posting her fight on Facebook

Why not cash in on the the hype when no one will ever know the exact figures

Isn't it better to say you've just had 2 ppv almost doing 1m

At this point if ronda loses it won't make a difference. She still have fans following her. Like how Fedor lost to werdum

Fedor had a long run of great fights with intriguing opponents in a talented division. Ronda's situation doesnt compare at all to that. Star women fighters dont have longevity and are very rarely in quality matchups.
We wont see Ronda fight Cyborg just like we never saw Martin fight Rijker or Ali fight Wolf. If Ronda isnt going to be in a compelling fight then her star isnt going to last much longer. UFC is in bad long term shape if she's the only one who draws eyeballs to the product

the ufc is a shell of what it once was, there are still great fighters and some great fights, but things are spread as thin as possible and it is hard to get excited about a card anymore, and I used to be excited about 90 percent of them.

The UFC critics appear to be the Pride widows who can't accept the facts.

The Heavyweight division is on life support. There are easier ways for big guys to make money these days.

Most MMA fans have new brains. The sport is better than ever but the product feels a little watered down with less personality than it had 10 years ago. We need a legit rival of the UFC to pop up.

There are still some major concerns, but you're right...Ronda and Conor boosted the UFC's popularity, legitimacy, or whatever you want to call it.
but they kill mma slowly with that wwe shit
just watch
it`s the wrong direction they took

C'mon really? Conor and Ronda are definitely real fighters but you can't deny the fact that they just happened to come up at the right time. When you're marketable, the UFC will do its best to make ways for you.

Dana encourages Ronda to call out Floyd, however I dont see that same enthusiasm when asking her to call out the only other fighter that really matters in WMMA. She would rather her fight Cupcake Tate 10 more times before doing that.

'Dana encourages Ronda to call out Floyd'. WTF?

Do you even UFC bro?

Unfortunately those things will never matter because it will increase viewership from casuals and where the viewership comes from doesn't matter.

A dollar is a dollar, a ticket sale is a ticket sale, and a ratings point is a ratings point. When counting the figures, nobody's money is better than anyone elses, nobody's fandom is more special than anyone elses, because there's no way of measuring who's a "diehard" and who's just a "casual fan".

Everything is dying from the moment it's born. Just enjoy the ride.

They've had some good numbers recently but really I think the underlying issues remain with the Ronda/McGregor bandwagons having the potential to be quite short.

Indeed I think theres a case that the UFC's extreme focus on McGregor maybe a long term detriment as its come at the cost of building up other fighters.

I'm sick of both the naysayers and the cheerleaders. Just watch the fights.

It all comes down to rustled PRIDE fanboys. After so many years they just can't let go. They will be back soon enough.

WMMA is not really a competitive thing - it's just not. Most of these gals are just cross fit people who thought, "hey, i can kick things."

Yeah... No.

I thought UFC was suppose to be dying? I mean, that is what those +1000 Shertards were convincing here the last couple of years. Where did they disappear?

I remember those guys as well, since I have been reading since quite some time before becoming a member. In my opinion there are always people that need to be negativ about a good thing. UFC's rising popularity is great for MMA in general. I am just wondering if it is at its peak allready.

Back