Where are all the super fights?

I don't know him because hes just a domestic figher who had never fought anyone, and couldnt even stop a 44 year old Glen Johnson. He's a nobody unless your a hardcore boxing nut.

When I talk of superfights I talk of top fighters and big names, that even casual fans recognise and get excited about. The established stars, you are listing names I have never heard of, apart from Canelo and Hopkins who is near 50 now, what a joke.

Jon Jones is the biggest star in MMA, so his fight are always big news, while Mayweather just rematched a guy he easily beat last time, and apparently now he is going to rematch Coto? It's a joke. There are no more stars apart from Manny, Floyd, and maybe Canelo who has a big following and star potential. Nobody even cares about the HW division.

lol at you for knowing Erislandy Lara. I'm only a casual fan and I've seen him fight.

Lurk more and try again some other time dude.

I don't know him because hes just a domestic figher who had never fought anyone, and couldnt even stop a 44 year old Glen Johnson. He's a nobody unless your a hardcore boxing nut.

When I talk of superfights I talk of top fighters and big names, that even casual fans recognise and get excited about. The established stars, you are listing names I have never heard of, apart from Canelo and Hopkins who is near 50 now, what a joke.

Jon Jones is the biggest star in MMA, so his fight are always big news, while Mayweather just rematched a guy he easily beat last time, and apparently now he is going to rematch Coto? It's a joke. There are no more stars apart from Manny, Floyd, and maybe Canelo who has a big following and star potential. Nobody even cares about the HW division.

Froch/Groves II sold more tickets than any of your UFC "super fights". True story.

i got your superfight right here op *unzips dick*

so you don't know Kovalev , Lara etc ... ? :icon_lol: how about you stop embarassing yourself and just STFU . you're not even a casual boxing fan .

funny how your superfight did less ppv buys and attendance than the two nobodies fighting each other in the UK .

nobody cares about the HW division , yet Klitschko vs Pulev did over 100 million global viewers and sold out a freaking stadium. :rolleyes:

also Wlad makes over 24 million dollars a year. i didn't know " nobody's interest " generated that much money . :rolleyes:

I'm an mma and boxing fan, more so mma, and recently noticed what a sharp contrast both codes have when it comes to super fights. In mma, we just had Jones v Cormier, a few weeks ago. This weekend will be another huge fight with Gustaffsen and Rumble, and next weekend the legend Silva and Diaz. All this in the space of a month!

Where are all the boxing super fights? Maybe 1 a year if we are lucky. The 'highlights' last year were Manny and Mayweather beating up out matched opponents, and nothing else from memory, and it does not seem to be getting any better. Barely anything to get excited about, while mma delivers super fights on almost a monthly basis.

Boxing is in trouble.
What ever happen to that Charles Liddell guy?
Is he still fighting?

i got your superfight right here op *unzips dick*

You've been unzippin your dick alot these days.

Gus-Rumble and Silva-Diaz are not superfights.

if you don't know one of boxing's top contenders , why should anyone bother taking your uneducated ramblings seriously ?
George Groves is the guy that co-drew over 80,000 fans to a large stadium ( the kind of events Dana white is having wet dreams about ) and sold more than 1.2 million ppv buys ( a number the UFC hasn't seen in a long time ) . you're telling me that wasn't a superfight ? yeah sure .

and let's not even get into Roman gonzalez vs akira yaegashi , Gamboa vs Crawford , Hopkins vs Kovalev , Canelo vs Lara etc.... because you probably don't know any of these fighters since you don't know shit about boxing .

Froch-Groves sold 900k, and its a stupid comparison because of the price. It costs

From an objective point of view...let's go down the list of what could possibly considered an MMA "Superfight."

BJ vs GSP. (I think we can all agree on this one.)

Fedor vs Cro Cop?

Gilbert vs Pettis?

And how about possible Super fights? Would you consider any of the following possible "Superfights"?

Cain vs Fabricio?

Jon Jones vs Gustafson II?

Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar II?

From an objective point of view...let's go down the list of what could possibly considered an MMA "Superfight."

BJ vs GSP. (I think we can all agree on this one.)

Fedor vs Cro Cop?

Gilbert vs Pettis?

And how about possible Super fights? Would you consider any of the following possible "Superfights"?

Cain vs Fabricio?

Jon Jones vs Gustafson II?

Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar II?

From the past? Wand/Chuck, Big Nog/Couture (for the history of both men) and a few others from PRIDE, like Hendo/Wand II and Cro Cop/Wand II.

Yeah. The UFC is great at super fights. Thanks for giving us Brock vs Fedor and Couture vs Fedor. Great job Mr. White. Asshole!!!

Back