Where are all the Bendo haters?

Sucks that Frankie is moving to FW, but I guess it makes sense because we can't have the same matches over and over.

There's still a looming sense that Edgar Bendo III and Edgar Maynard IV should happen.

I see a reason for Maynard/Edgar since they are 1-1-1.
Ben has 2 wins over Edgar, no matter how you cut it. I imagine Edgar fans think a rematch is in order, but there really isn't a reasonable need. In fact, neither deserved to win the last fight and Ben is still Champion.

I see a reason for Maynard/Edgar since they are 1-1-1.
Ben has 2 wins over Edgar, no matter how you cut it. I imagine Edgar fans think a rematch is in order, but there really isn't a reasonable need. In fact, neither deserved to win the last fight and Ben is still Champion.

I personally thought Edgar won both fights.

At most, I can understand Edgar Bendo being a draw.

I posted a link earlier in this thread for objective views via a bunch of play by plays by a whole bunch of random sites, and most scored Edgar Bendo for Edgar and Bendo Edgar for Frankie.

I believe the average for Bendo Edgar II was 49-46 Edgar.

They were both good fights, so I would have no problem seeing a third match.

Also, the majority of people in this thread seem to think that Frankie won the first two, so why not have a third fight?

If Edgar loses to Aldo, then he should definitely have some fights before getting a crack at the gold, and Maynard IV would be a good way to go about it.

I posted a link earlier in this thread for objective views via a bunch of play by plays by a whole bunch of random sites, and most scored Edgar Bendo for Edgar and Bendo Edgar for Frankie.

Also, the majority of people in this thread seem to think that Frankie won the first two, so why not have a third fight?

If Edgar loses to Aldo, then he should definitely have some fights before getting a crack at the gold, and Maynard IV would be a good way to go about it.

Get real. Bendo EASILY beat Frankie in their first fight. It wasn't even close.

The second fight was close. It could have gone either way and the champion got the nod. Frankie finally got a taste of his own medicine. That's what happens when you play with fire. You eventually get burned. He won a questionable decision against BJ Penn and karma fucked him.

Edgar, losing to aldo, would be a 3 fight losing streak. He might need to win a few before he rematched Maynard, dont you think?
Maynard is after another Title Fight and needs to fight thise on a similar trajectory.
You are giving the MMA media far to much credit. For the most part, they are unpaid fans and fanboys with bias's, favorites and agendas. Didn't you know that?

Edgar, losing to aldo, would be a 3 fight losing streak. He might need to win a few before he rematched Maynard, dont you think?
Maynard is after another Title Fight and needs to fight thise on a similar trajectory.
You are giving the MMA media far to much credit. For the most part, they are unpaid fans and fanboys with bias's, favorites and agendas. Didn't you know that?

Gray only has 1 win since the Frankie loss.

The Aldo Edgar fight is being done in compensation for the controversy surrounding both Edgar Bendo fights.

It's a very good solution, to be honest: fans don't want to see an automatic trilogy and Edgar can compete for the title.

If Frankie loses to Aldo, then I can understand Gray Frank IV. Gray doesn't have anything scheduled, Aldo Edgar is around the corner, and we know it's Bendo Gil next.

Just due to the controversial nature of the last 2 fights, I wouldn't mind seeing a number 1 contender fight between Gray and Maynard next.

The second fight was close. It could have gone either way and the champion got the nod. Frankie finally got a taste of his own medicine. That's what happens when you play with fire. You eventually get burned. He won a questionable decision against BJ Penn and karma fucked him.

Look at the links I posted.

Most sites have Frankie winning the first fight, and all have him winning the second.

While watching Penn Edgar after 3 rounds, the only thing I could think of was "Who the hell is winning this fight?". Frankie clearly won rounds 4 and 5, though.

Granted, winning 2 rounds isn't good enough to win a decision.

They fought again and it wasn't close.

I don't care too much for Frankie. He is not in my top 10, or even 20 of my favorites.

I do have respect for what he has done and the heart he has shown. and he has been in some very controversial fights that can be weighed a number of ways.

If you and I can't agree on Edgar Bendo, then just check the links to provide outside source info. Most have Frankie winning.

Bendo is a couple fights away from being the GOAT lightweight. Deal with it.

He's had one solid victory as champ. 1. And he lost to Frankie in their secondfight. The GOAT? He shouldn't even be the champ right now.

If you and I can't agree on Edgar Bendo, then just check the links to provide outside source info. Most have Frankie winning.

Here is how the major MMA journalists scored the fight, in case anyone is interested:

Mike Chiappetta (MMAFighting.com) 46-49 Edgar
Chris Nelson (Sherdog.com) 46-49 Edgar
Jordan Breen (Sherdog.com) 46-49 Edgar
TJ DeSantis (Sherdog.com) 48-48 DRAW
FightMetric.com 48-48 DRAW
MMAJunkie.com 47-48 Edgar
MMAWeekly.com 46-49 Edgar

None scored for Henderson that I've found yet. Sport Illustrated also had Frankie winning every round except the first.

Here is how the major MMA journalists scored the fight, in case anyone is interested:

Mike Chiappetta (MMAFighting.com) 46-49 Edgar
Chris Nelson (Sherdog.com) 46-49 Edgar
Jordan Breen (Sherdog.com) 46-49 Edgar
TJ DeSantis (Sherdog.com) 48-48 DRAW
FightMetric.com 48-48 DRAW
MMAJunkie.com 47-48 Edgar
MMAWeekly.com 46-49 Edgar

None scored for Henderson that I've found yet. Sport Illustrated also had Frankie winning every round except the first.

The first round was a tough one.

Frankie definitely controlled the majority of the round with strikes, but the up kick did rock him.

And the links I posted, asides from Sherdog, were different sites from the one you posted.

I'm not saying I like either Frankie or Bendo more than the other. I'm a Cowboy and Sherk fan.

That was just an honest assessment of an outside guy looking in, and it's not the first nor the last time we will see the judges conclude some crazy decisions.

The only thing people tend to dislike about Bendo is the whole jesus and amen thing.

They were both close fights man, come on. And yeah, the BJ decision cost him against Bendo right? :rolleyes:

Man, I'm up in arms, tears welling up my eyes, face cringing at the thought, mired in depression and wallowing in self pity that I've done nothing but support the man rather than assist him in acquiring his title and defending it twice. What a waste. So, so sad.

:icon_lol:

lol, what the fuck does the above even mean. you've done nothing 'but support the man rather than assist him in acquiring his title', this literally doesn't make sense from start to finish.

Right Here, waiting for bendo/pettis 2, so your boy can get embarrassed again

Not_Sure_if_Serious_meme.jpeg

Back