When's the last time Jones just showed up and fought?

nostradumbass

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
It seems every fight there is something with this guy. He fought Glover and insisted that he get extra drug testing because he "heard he's really strong". Gus wasn't even top 5 and pulled out of his fight with Mousasi to get his shot, but we know now he was worthy of it. He fought Sonnen but turned it down the first time. Before that, Vitor was a replacement and before that, Machida was a replacement and Jones himself was a replacement for Rashad to get the title in the first place and now he's trying to fight an injured Cormier instead of the guy he was offered. Does any fight just go smoothly with this kid?

When was the last time "fans" weren't hanging on his every action or word looking for a reason to shit on him?

We've come a LONG way from the guys who would just show up and fight 3 dudes in one night. New breed....yay...

It seems every fight there is something with this guy. He fought Glover and insisted that he get extra drug testing because he "heard he's really strong". Gus wasn't even top 5 and pulled out of his fight with Mousasi to get his shot, but we know now he was worthy of it. He fought Sonnen but turned it down the first time. Before that, Vitor was a replacement and before that, Machida was a replacement and Jones himself was a replacement for Rashad to get the title in the first place and now he's trying to fight an injured Cormier instead of the guy he was offered. Does any fight just go smoothly with this kid?

Once a whiner - it NEVER fukin' stops with this guy! I started out liking him, but quickly found out there is nothing to like!

Im pretty sure of all the things you can criticize Jon Jones for, coming to fight is not one of them. The guy has destroyed all the competition the UFC has put in front of him. Maybe hes complained a little bit, but if you could kick anyone in the world's ass I bet you would complain even more than you currently do on sherdog.

The fact there are 5 or more current threads about hating Jones is just fucking boring. Don't you guys have something better to talk about than spewing speculative crap all over the forums?

I don't think he's really whining or complaining, but trying to get attention.

He doesn't have wit like many other guys though and it often just comes across as annoying.

JBJ shows up on fight day and pounds people into the ground. He is the most active champion the UFC has, he ALWAYS fights the top competition (no baristas or unranked people) and I don't think I've ever seen a fight where he wasn't active and working to do damage/finish his opponent.

Anything that happens between those fights -- the Dana drama -- only matters to the drama queens and company men.

Well he beat the shit out of Glover.

That isn't fighting?

EDIT
Sorry missed the "just" part
Don't know if you know this or not "just" doesn't really sell all that well anymore.

Well at least when he does actually fight he fights for the whole 5 rounds, and doesn't coast/survive in the last round and lose the title because of it (Gus).

Im pretty sure of all the things you can criticize Jon Jones for, coming to fight is not one of them. The guy has destroyed all the competition the UFC has put in front of him. Maybe hes complained a little bit, but if you could kick anyone in the world's ass I bet you would complain even more than you currently do on sherdog.

Gus, and pretty much every ufc HW thinks otherwise.

He would not fight Sonnen on a weeks notice to save a PPV, even when he had a full training camp against a wrestler in Hendo, while Sonnen had a weeks notice.

Is anyone really surprised that he's trying to duck a second fight with Gus after that?

Edit: also he got his title shot by beating Bader (who I believe was not even in the top 10 at the time). Rashad dropped out of the title fight and he was put in against Shogun. Who is he to whine about matchmaking?

When was the last time "fans" weren't hanging on his every action or word looking for a reason to shit on him?

Along with the fact that they hold him to standards that most other mma fighters aren't subjected to

JBJ shows up on fight day and pounds people into the ground. He is the most active champion the UFC has, he ALWAYS fights the top competition (no baristas or unranked people) and I don't think I've ever seen a fight where he wasn't active and working to do damage/finish his opponent.

Anything that happens between those fights -- the Dana drama -- only matters to the drama queens and company men.

Thank you. I like that he actively defends his belt and comes to fight. I don't really care about the other BS.

Back