Whenever someone makes a millennial joke I roll my eyes

This joke is so overused, any generation in charge is going to talk shit about the next generation and how its spoiled/etc.

It's so dumb to point out facts;

"Oh you guys have it better!"

Like, no shit? Would you rather things be worse?

Millineials have had to go through 9/11, 2009 housing crash, ISIS, multiple school shootings. Most of the massive companies we all know bloomed during this era. Gay marriage was federally legalized (stupid this was illegal unless youre a bible thumper)

Meanwhile, lets look at generation X.

Fall of the Berlin Wall...ok?
Challenger Disaster...wow :(
Jonestown Suicide...k
Grunge and Hip Hop :(lel)

I think if anyone deserves praise it is the Millennials just by the pure evidence.

??? We had to go thru 9/11 too, I lost 2 jobs in the span of a year thanks to the housing crisis, a very good friend from college died fighting ISIS, although my daughter thankfully went to a school w/ no violence/school shootings. Trust me you guys weren't hogging that glory all to yourselves....

??? We had to go thru 9/11 too, I lost 2 jobs in the span of a year thanks to the housing crisis, a very good friend from college died fighting ISIS, although my daughter thankfully went to a school w/ no violence/school shootings. Trust me you guys weren't hogging that glory all to yourselves....

Milleneals are inherently treated worse

i-dont-know-badb852b27.jpg

At this point is seems like the term millennial is something applied to anyone younger than 40 that an old person disagrees with. If you're born in the 80s are you a millennial? What about the 90s? What about early 2000s?

{<huh}

Are millennials responsible for mumble rap?

If so they should be the butt of every joke.

Anyhow, millennials' come off as very entitled and flakey.

Millenials born from '83-'88 grew up on 90's and early 2000's rap. At least know what you are talking about.

Lots of those who trash us are the shitty ass parents that raises us. Our parents had ww2 vets for parents. Our parents were accumulating wealth and material shit they dont need long before we were here. Well shit when a house was 10k and you could live without a 50k masters degree and both people working probably makes a difference.

This joke is so overused, any generation in charge is going to talk shit about the next generation and how its spoiled/etc.

It's so dumb to point out facts;

"Oh you guys have it better!"

Like, no shit? Would you rather things be worse?

Millineials have had to go through 9/11, 2009 housing crash, ISIS, multiple school shootings. Most of the massive companies we all know bloomed during this era. Gay marriage was federally legalized (stupid this was illegal unless youre a bible thumper)

Meanwhile, lets look at generation X.

Fall of the Berlin Wall...ok?
Challenger Disaster...wow :(
Jonestown Suicide...k
Grunge and Hip Hop :(lel)

I think if anyone deserves praise it is the Millennials just by the pure evidence.
I'm pretty confused. You are saying millennials have it tough because of 9/11, housing crash (when we all lived with our moms?), and school shootings (that 99.999% were not directly effected). 9/11 was a rough time for all americans. Those younger and older than each of us went through the same struggles. We are no better or "more special" than any other age group and thus our experiences are no different.

Look, millennials to date have had the best life. We mostly all grew up in better conditions than the generations before us. Better technology, better methods of transportation, better entertainment, better healthcare, better public resources, etc. Gay marriage legalization? wouldn't that make it easier for those lgbtq people? Not harder?

I think your response proves you are the stereotypical millennial. I think the most obvious way to dismiss people dissing on millennials is to just laugh and shrug off. And yes I agree-all generations talk shit about the ones before them. Don't take it personal bro

Millennials want to sit at home all day and make money playing video games while never being disagreed with or challenged. 'Nuff said.
agree with you bro. I know some thick-skinned millennials though. I'm a millennial myself. But millennials have had such easy lives over-all that they don't know how to handle adversity. That's why as adults, the most successful ones are the ones who grew up humble or faced hardships.

I used to complain about boomers.

No more. What's the point in being upset at something I have no control over?

I also stopped calling myself a "xennial" that was cringe.

I'm a millenial. Someone wants to criticize millenials...find.

Born 1983, so I'm in that weird spot where I hear both sides complain about each other.

I find it hilarious when funny memes like this piss off millenials though. So sensitive:

Top comment:

"Rhys Lemoine What a load of crap. People didn’t used to be more social, they used to be less. All we use technology to do is communicate. Our ability to do so is only enhanced, not lessened. This is pretentious and condescending. You know what people did before cell phones and the internet? They read, or they watched tv, or they listened to the radio, or any number of things that were actually less social."

LOL...click on that guy's profile and first post is: "If I see any more criticism of millenials I'm gonna lose my mind!!" and a long 5 paragraph rant follows. Jesus f*ck hysterical

i-dont-know-badb852b27.jpg

At this point is seems like the term millennial is something applied to anyone younger than 40 that an old person disagrees with. If you're born in the 80s are you a millennial? What about the 90s? What about early 2000s?

{<huh}
millenial is 1981 to 1996 anything after that is gen Z 1996-2020.

c2866cd7f1e38391b6be4a6ce59155cc813fe4e0c21ef1c08ba4a8023c8774db.jpg

Who cares who was born at specific years. There’s morons and awesome people born every year.

In other words, don’t argue over stupid threads like this. Be better for yourself and not because of other people.

Having said that, excuse me while I step out of this thread and argue about NBA in the sports forum.

agree with you bro. I know some thick-skinned millennials though. I'm a millennial myself. But millennials have had such easy lives over-all that they don't know how to handle adversity. That's why as adults, the most successful ones are the ones who grew up humble or faced hardships.

"Someone disagreed with me at work today, I can't even.... so much for my dream career :( "

~ 28-year-old "man" in 2019

millenial is 1981 to 1996 anything after that is gen Z 1996-2020.

So all those hard working people in their thirties with college degrees are the lazy millennials?

<Dana05>

I thought millennials were like college age now.

I'm pretty confused. You are saying millennials have it tough because of 9/11, housing crash (when we all lived with our moms?), and school shootings (that 99.999% were not directly effected). 9/11 was a rough time for all americans. Those younger and older than each of us went through the same struggles. We are no better or "more special" than any other age group and thus our experiences are no different.

Look, millennials to date have had the best life. We mostly all grew up in better conditions than the generations before us. Better technology, better methods of transportation, better entertainment, better healthcare, better public resources, etc. Gay marriage legalization? wouldn't that make it easier for those lgbtq people? Not harder?

I think your response proves you are the stereotypical millennial. I think the most obvious way to dismiss people dissing on millennials is to just laugh and shrug off. And yes I agree-all generations talk shit about the ones before them. Don't take it personal bro

"Millenial" really is becoming a bit of an outdated term, it arguably no longer describes the current generation reaching adulthood but is used as though it does.

Beyond the kind of issues you mention the real problem is that post 2008 especially economic advancement has become more difficult, owning your own house especially so but also a lack of decent career options.

Obviously some young people today do well for themselves but overall were dealing with the first period since WW2 were children have tended to be worse off than their parents economically.

I blame america, i dont know what for or why but usually if something went to shit they started it

Thats fucking hilarious

I'm pretty confused. You are saying millennials have it tough because of 9/11
Then the common Gen Z comment after Osama was killed...……….."Who the fuck is Osama Bin Laden"

I also find it funny that Gen Z is already bagging on millennials. The newer generation always seems to feel superior. The Tide Pod generation lol.

As a Gen X'er, I love watching Millennials and Boomers argue over who is ruining the world.

Last edited:
Millennials have it better? WTF are you people referring to? They work longer hours, and have far less buying power than the two generations that preceded them.

People like to point to the most embarrassing, laziest examples and make claims about an entire generation.

Boomers take the cake on this one:
B3-FD043_WORDST_P_20191002173823.jpg

upinsmoke1200.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back