When you think about fantasy fights, under what rules do you imagine them?

kikikhan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I imagine them under Pride rules in a ring, because I think that the most fair ruleset and the most fair setting.

Granted, there were no elbows (which was good for face longevity and it avoided those damn cuts). Sure they are good weapons, but so are nut attacks.

The ring provides 4 pillars for wall and stall, a floor for ground work, ropes for boundaries, but fights get put in the middle of the ring when deep in the ropes.

The ring is a good mixture of a room and open field.

Cage is just a room and it favours grapplers. Elbows, but no upkicks, knees, soccer kicks to the head of the grounded opponent. This suits wrestlers too.

Making this illegal is idiotic and very unfair towards the guy on the bottom:

Silva-upkick-on-Okami-ROTR.gif

All the fantasy fights I imagine involve Akiyama and a lot of jello.

I do not like rings because I hate restarts. Also, I do not understand the stupidity of no elbows. They are not that dangerous and really change the effectiveness of in tight ground and pound.

Why is it always the guys that want soccer kicks also want no elbows?

Also, if you are so afraid of rules to help wrestlers, the the last thing you want are knees to the head on the ground. Side control, boom, boom, fight over.

Pride rules + elbows - soccer kicks, cage or ring.

I imagine them at the Zoo. Each round starts in a random animal enclosure. You might see round one in the Lions den and then round 2 in the Penguin exhibit. Round 3 in the gorilla cages. For Championship fights and Main Events you could end up in the Polar Bear enclosure in the 4th and the 5th and final round in the snakes exhibit. That way you have to try to defeat your opponent and sometimes cooperate with them just to survive.

I do not like rings because I hate restarts. Also, I do not understand the stupidity of no elbows. They are not that dangerous and really change the effectiveness of in tight ground and pound.

Why is it always the guys that want soccer kicks also want no elbows?

Also, if you are so afraid of rules to help wrestlers, the the last thing you want are knees to the head on the ground. Side control, boom, boom, fight over.

No elbows means you have tocreate space for gnp. Which means more sweeps/subs.

Pride rules + standing elbows for me.

I imagine them at the Zoo. Each round starts in a random animal enclosure. You might see round one in the Lions den and then round 2 in the Penguin exhibit. Round 3 in the gorilla cages. For Championship fights and Main Events you could end up in the Polar Bear enclosure in the 4th and the 5th and final round in the snakes exhibit. That way you have to try to defeat your opponent and sometimes cooperate with them just to survive.

That sounds pretty good actually!

No elbows means you have tocreate space for gnp. Which means more sweeps/subs.

Pride rules + standing elbows for me.

You create that space with elbows. Why take weapons away?

You create that space with elbows. Why take weapons away?

Because it favors guys on bottom. Rules already heavily favour being on top. Anyway, just my personal preference.I can see why people would disagree.

Pride rules inside a cage. I have a bonner just thinking about it.

Back