When you lose big money betting against your boy

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
133310__george_l.jpg

2ish weeks left,

Will Gus get it done? I'm from Sweden and I'm hoping Alex and Ilir gets this done, I think Ilir cleans Anderson's clock, but in Alex's case... He has improved yes, but Jones has too and I generally view him as the best LHW ever and amongst the top 3 P4P fighter in the world, and if he didn't really train the last time, this time will be a rude awakening for Alex.

I view Jones as sort of unstoppable, he has never been in a bad situation that he wasn't able to turn around and win.

Alexander-22The-Mauler22-Gustafsson-vs-Jon-Jones-2.jpg

if betting was easy, everyone would be rich.

Are you man enough to take the risk?

Rooting for Gus... but not betting anything.

Tho pretty sure Jon pops again eventually. :p

Serious question: what happens if you bet on Gus, Bones Ko's him, but then pops for roids after the fight and the official result is overturned to a NC?

Did anyone bet on Cormier the last time he fought Jones? What happens in that kind of situation?

I never bet against a fighter I like. If I don't like his chances in a certain matchup, I'll either pass on it or put a token bet on them as an act of faith. But I consider myself strictly a recreational better. A true pro must have a heart of stone when it comes to these things, and I don't.

I like Gus and hope he wins, so I'll go with the token bet on him. That's all the faith I can muster up for this, though. I think Jones is just too good.

You should never bet on an outcome when your heart is involved.

That's pretty much asking for trouble.

Personally, I think Jones is going to win, and more easily than last time, and everyone will be surprised.

Serious question: what happens if you bet on Gus, Bones Ko's him, but then pops for roids after the fight and the official result is overturned to a NC?

Did anyone bet on Cormier the last time he fought Jones? What happens in that kind of situation?

Generally, the result on the night of the fight is what they go by. They won’t refund you in the event of an overturned decision.

Generally, the result on the night of the fight is what they go by. They won’t refund you in the event of an overturned decision.

Thanks homie.

That should be comforting to anyone looking to bet on Jones lol.

if betting was easy, everyone would be rich.

Are you man enough to take the risk?
In this case it's not betting, it's hedging.

If you lose money you're happy because your boy won. If your boy loses, you're happy because you won money.

Gus has never won a fight in the top 10 where he was not a massive favorite.

I just think Gus has a hard time closing out in big fights. he looked great against Glover so maybe this is his breakthrough. I think Jones is just too good though. Too tactical and too technical for Gus

133310__george_l.jpg

2ish weeks left,

Will Gus get it done? I'm from Sweden and I'm hoping Alex and Ilir gets this done, I think Ilir cleans Anderson's clock, but in Alex's case... He has improved yes, but Jones has too and I generally view him as the best LHW ever and amongst the top 3 P4P fighter in the world, and if he didn't really train the last time, this time will be a rude awakening for Alex.

I view Jones as sort of unstoppable, he has never been in a bad situation that he wasn't able to turn around and win.

Alexander-22The-Mauler22-Gustafsson-vs-Jon-Jones-2.jpg
I lost $5000 at UFC 167.

Nothing, bets are already cashed.Game over

Just bet on Jones and get paid playboy.

<{silvanormal}>

Most fighters coming off a USADA suspension look like shit in their comeback fight. Hard to bet against Jones, but this may be the best time if you have the sack to bet.

Another Swede here.

Losing some money betting against your boy is great. You can rationalize it as paying to see him win.
If your boy loses, you can feel better knowing that you get some money from it.

With that said, I think Jones got this. Would love to see Gus bludgeon him, but I doubt that will be the case.

If you bet on bones, and he pops and its a NC. You get your money, if you bet on gus you lose your money. I bet on hunt vs lesnar I DIDNT GET MY MFING MONEY BACK!!

Back