When would Silva vs Jones have been a draw?

DanB1634

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear Jon Jones would beat Anderson Silva if they fought today, but in the past there was a time Silva would have beaten Jones. My question is when do you think the point in time was when that fight would have been a draw? Just curious on people's opinions.

It would have been a draw at any time.

Then, now, and until silva retires.

I'd love to have seen matrix silva cream current jones

I'd love to have seen matrix silva cream current jones

No version of Silva is even close to being able to beat Jones. Remember what Sonnen did to Silva? Jones would do that times 10. Silva literally has no chance.

Silva openly ducked Jones and said Jones would beat him up bad. Then he called out GSP.

No version of Silva is even close to being able to beat Jones. Remember what Sonnen did to Silva? Jones would do that times 10. Silva literally has no chance.
I guess I'm looking for what year people think would have been the best fight. Do you think Jones comes into the UFC and beats Silva in his very first fight?

Casual detected.

Sonnen was juiced to the tits in the first match and still lost after giving silva all he could on a juiced level.

What happened the second fight? Oh yea - silva easily smashed him in no time at all when chael wasn't on the juice.

Silva passed all his tests up until the leg break.

Jones is under 30 years old and popped for masking agents.

Chances are, all those dominant victories were juiced, and the real Jones was the Jones that fought OSP and could barely do anything to him .

OSP is a can, and just got knocked dead the other day by a nobody.

If you think any version of Jones juiced or not would beat matrix silva you're fucking retarded.

Inb4 "Im a silver belt, my post count is higher than yours so I know more. Been watching mma through osmosis since I was in my mother's womb bro."

Last edited:
Silva openly ducked Jones and said Jones would beat him up bad. Then he called out GSP.

Brazilian hespect. Not ducking.

He went 15 with full Jon jones camp cormier on less than 48hrs notice after having surgery.

Are you saying Jones would get triangle-d times 10, or get TKO-ed times 10?

When Silva was struggling with Otsuka, and Jones hadn't gotten out of College yet.

The Silva that fight Hendo and Griffin was scary. At that time I'm not sure Jones would have beaten him.

When silva beat chael for the second time, or just when jones defeated rashad.

Casual detected.

Sonnen was juiced to the tits in the first match and still lost after giving silva all he could on a juiced level.

What happened the second fight? Oh yea - silva easily smashed him in no time at all when chael wasn't on the juice.

Chances are, all those dominant victories were juiced, and the real Jones was the Jones that fought OSP.

If you think any version of Jones juiced or not would beat matrix silva you're fucking retarded.

Inb4 "Im a silver belt, my post count is higher than yours so I know more. Been watching mma through osmosis since I was in my mother's womb bro."
You seem to think that steroids give people magical fighting abilities rather than the slight increases they really give. There is no version of Silva that would give Jones any problem outside of some kind of fluke KO. Silva's weakness is wrestling, which is Jones' greatest strength. Silva's greatest strength is his reach and accuracy, whereas Jones has one of the longest reaches in UFC history.

You seem to think that steroids give people magical fighting abilities rather than the slight increases they really give. There is no version of Silva that would give Jones any problem outside of some kind of fluke KO. Silva's weakness is wrestling, which is Jones' greatest strength. Silva's greatest strength is his reach and accuracy, whereas Jones has one of the longest reaches in UFC history.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

Get fight pass and brush up. Rookie.

Anytime after the second Chael fight.

Jones got his best PPV buys from the Rashad fight and that was probably the peak of his drawing pre-DC and Anderson's biggest drawing time was the Chael fight and the Weidman rematch (but after the Weidman KO his drawing against others was probably diminished)

After Weidman beat him the first time. He should have moved up and challenged Jones. Then retired. Conor would still be second to that.

2012, righ after Anderson finished Chael for the second time and Jones finished Belfort.

Chances are, all those dominant victories were juiced, and the real Jones was the Jones that fought OSP and could barely do anything to him .

First of all Anderson was on the juice as well. I'm laughing at passed All the tests until the leg break as if we are just gonna openly ignore the first Weidman fight.

I'm not trying to hate on Anderson because he's a legend, I'm just openly having a laugh at your ignorance

At any point from 2011 until now. Id still watch that

Back