When would I ever use 1 or 2 in a car?

Today's vehicles are computer controlled so they do the thinking for you. They should probably eliminate those extra positions because they are usually used by accident. If the transmission is put in a lower gear and driven at high speed, it can damage the engine or transmission.

I use 3rd when going down a steep hill, so I don't have to burn up my brake pads the whole time.

I would imagine if the hill was steep enough I would use 2nd or even 1st.

I don't use those at all, i drive an automatic so I can be a lazy cunt.

You talking about the PRNDL?

you-mean-the-prndl.jpg

Sometimes due to money or whatever, I see people riding with a small, "donut" spare tire, using it longer than it was intended for. If you do this, make sure the donut is not on your drive axle. The difference in tire sizes on the drive axle I have heard can cause the transmission differential to go bad.

Just drive a standard and avoid the confusion.

They can be useful starting out on a snowy/slippery incline. Sometimes i need to use them in the winter to get out of my driveway in the morning.

No 1 or 2 on the Prius but I shift to B when driving through Laurel Canyon / Hollywood Hills. Feels better going 50 mph through the hills in B than in D and it uses more engine breaking / charges the battery.

I never use them I always use D

Is there any reason I ever would for an automatic?

I accidentally found myself in 1 or 2 once cause I must have hit it while turning left and fuck I had to rev the hell out of it to go fast enough to avoid a near collision!!!
I thought you was talking about taking a piss or shit in your car.

Back