When would I ever use 1 or 2 in a car?

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
I never use them I always use D

Is there any reason I ever would for an automatic?

I accidentally found myself in 1 or 2 once cause I must have hit it while turning left and fuck I had to rev the hell out of it to go fast enough to avoid a near collision!!!

towing or going up a steep hill.

towing or going up a steep hill.

Ohh cause there's a steep hill that isn't super long where I go to a relatives cottage and it's a son of a bitch with slippery rocks so I just speed up it, isn't that better than driving slower in low gear?

Ohh cause there's a steep hill that isn't super long where I go to a relatives cottage and it's a son of a bitch with slippery rocks so I just speed up it, isn't that better than driving slower in low gear?

Not if you want to blow your transmission..

Hmmmmm. Maybe in the slush and shitty winter weather we get clip

I probably shouldn't have a license

Do you live in a flat area? I live in a mountainous region, with steep hills even in the cities. Not using low gears effectively means not actually driving anywhere.

Think about it. You're climbing a hill and your automatic transmission shifts up a gear causing you to lose your RPM's and thus your momentum. If you keep it in first or second you can maintain your RPM's and just keep climbing.

Had something similar happen in the mountains a few years ago. Was going skiing and it was snowing so the roads were incredibly slippery and I was driving a fucking rwd pickup. So it's bad enough already I don't have 4wd but I just have to maintain my speed and I'd make it up the mountain but this guy in front of me is in a little fwd car and he starts losing his traction and really slowing down and if I come to a stop I'm fucked so I had to pass him on a dangerous ass mountain road all slow shit was so stressful.

If you hit a pedestrian in China and they're still alive, give them the treatment in 1st and 2nd to ensure best results.

Pretending you're in a F&F movie?

A Canadian wouldn't ask this question. Unless he lived in Vancouver. In which case he'd probably be asian, and not be able to drive anyway.

When in doubt, while at the base of the hill, put it in neutral and get it up in the RPMs and drop it into drive.

oh I thought you said 'would you ever go 1 or 2 in the car'.
that would be messy

Back