When will the UFC host a stadium of 80,000 people?

The biggest MMA has ever gotten was in Japan during the Pride days

Now seriously the only way they would achieve that is to get a super card a la ufc 100 but they needed it to make it better and get the tix like 20 dollars.

something the Ufc wouldnt ever do

It's fucking ridiculous how much people like soccer. Dumbest game ever

ikr, people love balls.

kicking, slapping, throwing it at a net, carrying it while dodging people, hitting it with a racket. Lots of dumb shit to do with it.

Damn, and this is the sport that all the soccer/ufc fans from Europe swear is completely unknown in their countries and isn't as big as the UFC.

Wonder how they got so many people to attend if there isn't any demand or interest in the NFL?

Hipsters

Anderson vs Vitor rematch for the title probably would have done it in Brazil, but I don't think any fight now could do it.

Never

Mma isn't that big and will never be

Current World Population: 7.167b

For 80k seating on a UFC event, I'm estimating 21b world population. That will likely happen in the year 2150.

not possible. especially with the biggest names retired or sidelined, past their glory. there are no current champions that people give a shit about enough to make mma that popular.

i mean, it would take like signing fedor right after the brett rogers victory, and putting him up against Brock. (aargh! why couldn't this have happened!!!!!)

or gsp vs anderson when they were unstoppable.

but that's about it. and, of course, those things are impossible now.

so no, the opportunities have passed. nope.

Won't happen unless tickets are really affordable

Won't happen unless tickets are really affordable

this is a really good point, actually. i didn't think of this before. making a main card full of superfights, lowering the price tickets substantially, marketing the shit out of it. maybe...but yeah i doubt affordable tickets would happen out of all those things, so nope.

i don't think it would ever be able to do that. 50k would probably be a stretch

I don't know when, but I'm pretty sure it will be a one time thing only.

I mean, you barely can see a football game when you are in the worst seats, imagine to try to watch a fight inside a cage from a fucking mile.

No one will ever buy to watch in a stadium again.

If they stack a card properly and the prices are low, I think they could do it in Manaus (Aldo's birth place).
I have never seen a city where people like MMA so much. I went there before the UFC started doing events in Brazil and it was already huge.
Of course, Aldo would have to headline and ticket prices would be the most important factor.

We've heard from Dana's mouth the UFC will become the biggest sport in the world. at ufc159 he was quoted for saying "Obama would have to sit on his lap if he wanted a seat" Obviously he is a promoter and will say crazy things......But how long do you think it'll take the UFC to seat 80,000 closest so far is 55k with GSP vs Shields.

Found it kind of funny. The sport which people claim is dead "Boxing" Just filled a stadium of 80,000 people in London,England 5,000 in attendance at weigh-ins

I totaled out all the attendance of the UFC that took place in London and this is what I got.

UFC london Gus vs Manuwa=14,604
UFC Fuel tv=10,349
UFC 120 Bisping vs Akiyama=17,133
UFC 95 Sanchez vs Stevenson 13,268
UFC 85 Bedlam 15,327
UFC 75=16,234
UFC 38=5,000

Grand total=91,915

The take away, It takes 6 1/2 ufc London cards to equal Carl vs Froch

So clearly it has a long way from being the biggest sport in the world.

Comparing boxing to mma in the UK is just silly, modern boxing started in the UK and has a huge well established fan base, mma is still very new there, and is t accepted as much. even if the ufc wants to say otherwise.

The NHL hosted a winter classic game at The Big House in January it had 105491 in attendance and for the football games it averages nearly 112000 people a game. If they dropped prices I dont even think they could do that.

Back